“Good stay - nothing special”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #17 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed September 27, 2013

At check in we where well received and a lot of tips given on sights an local restaurants (a few of which we also went to and can confirm they where good tips with many locals). And the next day he also followed up again.

We had a room on the ground floor at the hotel which wasnt great however also did not have the issues you may expect (liitle noise from breakfast area for example).

So overall good stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Alminar for 3 nights in Sept 2013. Great location within easy walking distance to most attractions in Seville. Our room was clean and the staff was welcoming. Buffet breakfast was typical European with plenty of bread, sliced meats and cheese, cereals and yogurt. Excellent WiFi. Bonifacio, one of the night managers, was especially helpful with some business faxes we needed to receive/send. We highly recommend this hotel. While there, we would also recommend the restaurant GUSTO which is located very near the hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Alminar for one night when I was traveling around Andalusia in June 2013. Since it's so small, I might look for something different next time.

(Pros)
(1) Great location. A couple of minutes to the main mosque. Basically in the middle of touristic sites, shopping, and restaurants and bars.
(2) Reasonably priced.
(3) Free wifi and coffee!

(Cons)
(1) Super tiny! I am from Tokyo originally, so I am used to tiny hotels, but this was Tokyo small. I cannot even open my (big) suitcase flat in the room! And when I opened the suitcase (not flatly) I really cannot walk in the room. I have to move over the bed. Maybe there are bigger rooms, but considering the size of the building, and tiny reception area, I suspect all the rooms are tiny.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank makoto n
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This adorable hotel, situated in the heart of Seville, excels in all categories. The staff is very friendly and helpful (and are fluent in English). The rooms are clean and smartly furnished. The bathroom amenities are excellent, which is not something you will experience in every Seville hotel as reviews of other hotels in similar proximity will attest. Also priced lower than many other hotels in same area. When we return to Seville, we are staying HERE.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are so many places to choose, it becomes over whelming. Trust me I booked this for my first night, and never left. Great location, just great everything. I was in room #21. Very modern, it felt like I was the first person to use the room. Wifi was great, AC worked, even a radio that was a bonus. Last minute online $60 US. I probably won't have paid $100. Can't forget staff was great , and spoke English.

Room Tip: Room 21 was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Second time in this beautiful city and second time staying in Alminar Hotel and have to admit it was even better than the first time.

The location is perfect. Hotel a few steps from the cathedral and with short walking distance to all the major attractions. The staff incredibly helpful and professional both during and before my stay by answering my numerous email and phone queries and always in a helpful and professional manner.

Alminar Hotel is a simple, elegant, no fuss, wonderful hotel, with friendly, helpful staff.

I could not recommend this hotel more highly and in fact the excellent service I received in my first visit three years before was a major factor in my returning to Seville and I was not disappointed. The Manager Francisco and Boni were a great help and always available for help and suggestions.

Room was spacious and airy with a beautiful terrace and a great view of the cathedral and for such a central location room incredibly quiet both during the day and at night.

The hotel and its staff are wonderful and they are one of the reasons I came back to Seville and the reason I will return again. I would and have happily recommended this hotel to family and friends and they have all loved it. I will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We recently had a 3 night stay in this wonderful hotel. The location was a few minutes walk from the Cathedral and Alcazar. Our room was comfortable and though facing the street was very quiet. The front desk is staffed 24 hrs a day, and they provide professional service and give helpful advice. Would highly recommend .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple