“Excellent location; Excellent Staff”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #20 of 175 Hotels in Seville
Singapore
“Excellent location; Excellent Staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel was great and much beyond my expectations..literally 2 mins to the cathedral, it was a great great location..the neighbourhood was buzzing with the cathedral, alcazar and all the bars/cafes nearby..the rooms were very tidy and clean and the room size was ok..the room had a view of the Giralda which was a nice touch. The aircon worked very well in the Seville summer heat. I got 2 single beds placed together instead of a king bed which wasn't ideal, but not a problem.

A word for the staff who were very very helpful. I got an early check in at 10 in the morning. They were very aware of the city with maps, recommendations on tours and travels, where to go, how to go, where is the best flamenco, even information on the best white village to go to and where to buy cheese. They were kind enough to call and book the flamenco show for us. I had a change of plans and reduced my stay by 1 day, and they were very happy to make the change without any fuss at all.

The only downside, if i have point one, would be that my room, with the view of the giralda, was directly overlooking another hotel's room and this meant that i had to keep the curtains drawn at night. But to be honest, i didn't really mind it that much and really enjoyed my stay. Will definitely come back if i ever come to Seville again and recommend as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors with the view of the cathedral/Giralda
2 Thank Ksing12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Guildford
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This super hotel is independent run. Its in a great (and quiet) location just a minute from the Cathedral and less than 5 minutes from the Real Alcazar Moorish Palace and also from the lively bars/restaurants of the Santa Cruz district. Rooms were comfortable and clean, with air conditioning. Tea and (machine) coffee was available 24 hours a day from the breakfast area. Breakfast itself was adequate, but not exciting - however the fresh orange juice was great. There were some cafes selling breakfast but we just couldn't be bothered with them.

The English speaking staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

We initally booked for two nights but enjoyed ourselves so much we extended for a further night. Would certainly go back to this hotel again if visiting Seville.

Well done!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor. I understand the Superior Rooms on the top (3rd) floor are larger (but more...
3 Thank Phil988
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days whiling exploring Seville. The city is more than I had hoped for and I can't wait to go back. This location is great, located in the historical center. This is a small hotel in the way of the number of rooms. Everything was clean and they had a nice buffet breakfast. Rooms are stark, as in most European hotels, but has everything you really need. However, the rooms were very, very clean.
Since the location was so great we could walk to everything nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eleni1911
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for several days and I have nothing bad to say about it. In fact there is something really special about it I can't quite explain. If I go back to Seville I will most certainly stay here again. Great location, incredibly nice and helpful staff, immaculate, great windows - I could go on and on.

Room Tip: Top floor is the more quiet with the best view - we could see the cathedral spire!
1 Thank Selene1111
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay in Seville. The room had a big bathroom and cute balcony. Location was superb, it's literally steps away from the cathedral. Francisco gave me some great tips for restaurants, all of them were spot on. Also, he was a joy to chat with and made me feel at home, especially since I was traveling alone.

Francisco - thanks for convincing me to do the Alcazar and hope to see you again sometime! (By the way, I'm in San Sebastian now and oooof the food is great!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bishopbebop
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Perhaps the best spot in Sevilla. From our terrace we could see the cathedral a few yards away and yet the room was quiet and peaceful.
The staff were very hospitable and helpful and the hotel is about as central as you can get.
A perfect city stay

Naperville, IL USA
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My 22 year-old daughter and I stayed at the Alminar Hotel for 2 nights in May as we traveled through Portugal and Spain. The Alminar is in the pedestrian-only zone of Seville, but a very easy walk from the suggested parking garage. In terms of location, I don't think we could have done any better. The Seville Cathedral was only a block away, as was Calle Mateos Gago with all of its good restaurants, and the Plaza de Espana is less than a scenic mile walk away. Plus the Auditorio Alverez Quintero is right next door, which is rated as having one of the best authentic Flamenco dancing shows in Seville (and we thought so too).
The staff at the Alminar was very friendly and helpful. The rooms reminded me of staying at a Sofitel with dark paneling, comfortable beds, and a very nice bathroom and shower. The rooms were quiet considering we were just off some busy pedestrian walkways. We were thoroughly impressed with the Hotel Alminar. It enhanced our stay in lovely Seville.

Room Tip: I always try to get as a high a floor as possible. Better view and as far away as possible from str...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family