“Very passionate, memorable flamenco without the crowds”
Review of Casa de la Memoria

Casa de la Memoria
Book In Advance
More Info
$22.42*
and up
Flamenco Show at Casa de la Memoria Admission...
Ranked #6 of 42 Concerts & Shows in Seville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Elegant and classy. Alcohol-free. Room for a maximum of 80 spectators sitting in two rows of chairs circling a small stage in a cute small theater-courtyard. Limited room. Better make reservations in advance. All acoustic (no microphones). Performances everyday at 19,30 and 21,00h for one hour with singing, dancing and playing guitar. First class flamenco performers, different everyday. No children under 6.
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I read about this as an alternative to the usual tourist shows. And it turned out to be one of the best things I did in Spain. The theatre is tucked away at the end of a shipping street and is being beautifully restored, piece by piece.

The show was an hour long and 16€ which felt like a bargain by the end of it. The night we visited we saw a male and female dancer, plus singer and guitarist. All were amazing. The shows vary from night to night and I would happily go again to watch such wonderful performers on such an intimate stage.

There are only 80-100 seats so you can see and "feel" everything. The performances are intense, passionate and show flamenco at its best.

Strongly recommend this when in Seville.

1  Thank NZTraveller66
Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)
All reviews
"book in advance"
"tapas"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent a wonderful hour experiencing the intense emotion of flamenco last week. Extra lunch time shows had been scheduled for Easter week, when Seville is particularly busy, and we were so glad we could get tickets.
The four performers included a male guitarist, a male singer and two dancers. There are a number of different performers who work on a rota basis, so the standard may vary slightly, but we were really impressed with the energy, skill and passion shown by the team we saw.
Because the room is small (only two rows) we were very close to the action and the atmosphere was electric. You even feel you are engaging with the performers as they respond to the audience's enthusiasm with smiles and even more impossibly demanding moves.
Best of all, this is not a cheesy tourist rip-off show. The entry cost of 16 euros was a bargain, and we were not distracted by drinks and food which some places offer for a higher price.
If you want to know more about the history of flamenco there is an interesting museum upstairs and the helpful staff will answer any questions you may have.

1  Thank JoannaP476
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you love Flamenco and the magic Sevilla atmosphere,you can't absolutly miss this incredible show at "la casa de la memoria".I study Flamenco in Milan and I wanted to watch a real flamenco show.I went in Sevilla last August and i heard about "la casa de la memoria".I reserved a ticket(It's important to reserve and come there in time).It was great!I felt a big and intensive emotion to assist dancers performances!!Iimmediately i loved more and more Flamenco!!And now i follow my flamenco lessons with a new passion, with that show imagines in my mind. Go , go there, absolutly!!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife chose this flamenco show over Los Gallos because we didn't know what to expect for a flamenco show and didn't want to pay 30 euros each. At Casa de la Memoria, we pay around 16 euros and was also offered a student discount. We were pleasantly surprised by the intensity of the performance and how close we were to the stage. There was only enough room for two rows at the new location (with some seats upstairs).The guitar playing and singing was unbelievable. There were two dancers and you can tell both were masters of their craft. This is one show you can't miss.

Get there 30 mins early to get a front row seat.

1  Thank david w
See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wow, if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for an excellent show without suffering through a mediocre dinner, come to this venue. Although it is small (3 performers during the night I went), they were all simply outstanding and exuded true passion for their art. They even allow for 5 minutes of photos at the end since they know people due want some type of memory of the even - others really don't allow you to do this. I would definitely recommend to anyone who's in Seville looking to experience flamenco without all of the other tourist trappings of other offerings.