“An intense and wonderful experience”
Review of Casa de la Memoria

Casa de la Memoria
Ranked #3 of 39 Concerts & Shows in Seville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Elegant and classy. Alcohol-free. Room for a maximum of 80 spectators sitting in two rows of chairs circling a small stage in a cute small theater-courtyard. Limited room. Better make reservations in advance. All acoustic (no microphones). Performances everyday at 19,30 and 21,00h for one hour with singing, dancing and playing guitar. First class flamenco performers, different everyday. No children under 6.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An intense and wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife chose this flamenco show over Los Gallos because we didn't know what to expect for a flamenco show and didn't want to pay 30 euros each. At Casa de la Memoria, we pay around 16 euros and was also offered a student discount. We were pleasantly surprised by the intensity of the performance and how close we were to the stage. There was only enough room for two rows at the new location (with some seats upstairs).The guitar playing and singing was unbelievable. There were two dancers and you can tell both were masters of their craft. This is one show you can't miss.

Get there 30 mins early to get a front row seat.

1 Thank david w

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“"Truest" Flamenco Around”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wow, if you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for an excellent show without suffering through a mediocre dinner, come to this venue. Although it is small (3 performers during the night I went), they were all simply outstanding and exuded true passion for their art. They even allow for 5 minutes of photos at the end since they know people due want some type of memory of the even - others really don't allow you to do this. I would definitely recommend to anyone who's in Seville looking to experience flamenco without all of the other tourist trappings of other offerings.

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Very very good”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We found out about this show from the organization that rented us the apartment we stayed in.

We didn't want one of those overproduced touristy shows. We well rewarded. The room is small and hold approximately 80 to 100 people. There is an upstairs too.
It doesn't really matter where you sit. Everyone can see very well. If you want to sit front row in the middle, you better arrive 30 min. Early.

The guitar playing, the singing and the dancing were excellent. It costs 16 euros a person and the show lasts one hour. You are allowed to take pictures in the last 5 min. You will be told when. No videos allowed.
If the weather is half decent your walk home will be rewarded by lovely street cafe and bar life on every corner. People sit and stand and drink and eat at a thousand little locales. Spaniards enjoy the streets and being outside. Of course they have the weather for it.

1 Thank Sockschaussettes
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent show!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was walking around Seville on my first day of sight-seeing (15th march) and I really wanted to see a flamenco show. I had spoken to a few ladies who were selling tickets around the cathedral area and they seemed expensive. I was on my way back to the hotel when I spotted Casa de la Memoria. I walked in to have a look a leaflet and posters. The lady who was behind the reception desk then told me about the show and showed me where the show takes place. She was really helpful and friendly.
This show is excellent for the price (16 euros) and I would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank KT1809
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Flamenco performance”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went along expecting just another flamenco evening but this was fantastic. The theatre in a restored building gives an intimate setting & clear views of the dancers. Traditional music & singing accompanies the dances. I saw 2 dancers, Felipe Mato went first showing great strenght and passion. He was followed by Pastora Galvan who performed a very sensuous, flirtatious dance.
This was a no frills evening of great performance. I'll go again if I'm in Seville.