“Great hotel, great location!”
Review of YH Giralda Hotel

YH Giralda Hotel
Ranked #116 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only one night but it was very good. Receptionists were helpful and professional, price very fair, room large enough with a great shower and location....well 50 metres from the cathedral. Nice and clean.
I had a room in the ground floor and yes it was a bit noisy but I didn't mind, I slept with no problems. I will stay here again and I definitely recommend for those that travel on budget and want to be centre located!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank elpatojones

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We recently stayed two nights at the YH Giralda and were very happy with our selection. You are literally within walking distance of anything you would want to see in Seville during a short stay. The rooms are clean and quiet - a good value for the price. The staff is very helpful and more than happy to make recommendations (the American intern talked us into the Flamenco Museum and Show and we were so glad she did). With that said, the rooms are small and there is very little closet space, so if you are staying for a long period with a lot of luggage, this hotel may not be your cup of tea. I would suggest taking a cab from the train station - the streets are very narrow and can be confusing (be aware - there are two Hotel Giraldas - our cab dropped us at the wrong hotel). If you are older (as we are) you may want to insist on a ground floor room when you book, since there is no elevator and the stairs are marble.

Room Tip: Select the ground floor if you are older.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt and Chris... S
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great location as its just a couple of minutes from the Cathedral, Alcazar and the Archivos de Indias. Again its just a minute from some really great Tapas bars, though a bit touristy and pricier. The staff is super friendly, wifi is very reliable and the place has plenty of character. The room could be a big bigger so that one could walk around the room without having to be careful of knocking down the TV or other such thing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank svasudevan
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed in more luxurious hotels in Seville for 4 times the price. This small hotel - only 14 rooms is very reasonable - we paid €45 last week for a twin with a bathroom. The ladies on reception were helpful and recommended things to do - free-guided walks, flamenco (can't escape it in Seville) It's very well located in the heart of Seville, and all the money saved can be spent on vino and tapas in a beautiful city! Nuff said!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PabloBrussels
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was knowledgeable and helpful, and the location could not be better. It is just steps from the cathedral and Giralda Tower, and a number of lively bars and restaurants. If we were to return to Sevilla we would also return to the YH Giralda.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, perfect accommodation for a student couple - was a bit worried at the beginning when we got put in a room right next to the hotel lobby but noise was not really a problem, and everything else was great. Helpful receptionists, seriously comfy beds and a fantastic location - the only thing I can fault were the pastries we got for breakfast, which were a bit like sambuca in fried form. Though considering breakfast was free and optional, I guess it's not much of a complaint. I've already recommend this place to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that isn't on the ground floor. We didn't have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank F N
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I arrived at this charming "hotelette" an hour before scheduled registration, and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist called Mariana. She immediately made me feel at home and gave me lots of useful information about the hotel, sights, and places to eat.

Mariana also told me about a very interesting free walk around the town, by a company called "Feel the Walk", which proved to be fascinating and very informative.

YH Giralda is a superb location, you are a couple of minutes away from the major attractions (The Alcazar, the Cathedral, and the Barrio Santa Cruz), as well as lots of decent restaurants,and tapas bars that are not too expensive.

My room #25 was scrupulously clean,although a little small, but very peaceful, modern, with a great little shower.

I loved the serenity of the church bells from the nearby Giralda/Seville Cathedral; the sound gave the place a romantic feel, and I fell into a refreshing, dreamless sleep.

There was no tea/coffee making facilities, but the hotel did offer me a complimentary hot drink and a pastry each morning, which I appreciated.

The thing that really stood out for me was the exceptional customer service. Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff, particularly a lady called Ana.

I had to book a flight, and my phone decided to play up.
Ana very kindly loaned me her computer, and sat patiently as I battled for almost an with the unpredictability of technology.

She even printed out my e-ticket and ensured that I had all that I needed right up to the last minute before check out. She also offered to keep my luggage for me while I had a last look around the city.

Her customer service really was first class, and I highly recommend this "hotelette" as a real find and truly value for money.

I'd definitely rebook there in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on First floor or on the third floor are best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo