“Very good value if you want to keep costs down”
Review of YH Giralda Hotel

YH Giralda Hotel
Ranked #116 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed in more luxurious hotels in Seville for 4 times the price. This small hotel - only 14 rooms is very reasonable - we paid €45 last week for a twin with a bathroom. The ladies on reception were helpful and recommended things to do - free-guided walks, flamenco (can't escape it in Seville) It's very well located in the heart of Seville, and all the money saved can be spent on vino and tapas in a beautiful city! Nuff said!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PabloBrussels

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was knowledgeable and helpful, and the location could not be better. It is just steps from the cathedral and Giralda Tower, and a number of lively bars and restaurants. If we were to return to Sevilla we would also return to the YH Giralda.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan M
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, perfect accommodation for a student couple - was a bit worried at the beginning when we got put in a room right next to the hotel lobby but noise was not really a problem, and everything else was great. Helpful receptionists, seriously comfy beds and a fantastic location - the only thing I can fault were the pastries we got for breakfast, which were a bit like sambuca in fried form. Though considering breakfast was free and optional, I guess it's not much of a complaint. I've already recommend this place to anyone who will listen.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that isn't on the ground floor. We didn't have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank F N
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I arrived at this charming "hotelette" an hour before scheduled registration, and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist called Mariana. She immediately made me feel at home and gave me lots of useful information about the hotel, sights, and places to eat.

Mariana also told me about a very interesting free walk around the town, by a company called "Feel the Walk", which proved to be fascinating and very informative.

YH Giralda is a superb location, you are a couple of minutes away from the major attractions (The Alcazar, the Cathedral, and the Barrio Santa Cruz), as well as lots of decent restaurants,and tapas bars that are not too expensive.

My room #25 was scrupulously clean,although a little small, but very peaceful, modern, with a great little shower.

I loved the serenity of the church bells from the nearby Giralda/Seville Cathedral; the sound gave the place a romantic feel, and I fell into a refreshing, dreamless sleep.

There was no tea/coffee making facilities, but the hotel did offer me a complimentary hot drink and a pastry each morning, which I appreciated.

The thing that really stood out for me was the exceptional customer service. Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff, particularly a lady called Ana.

I had to book a flight, and my phone decided to play up.
Ana very kindly loaned me her computer, and sat patiently as I battled for almost an with the unpredictability of technology.

She even printed out my e-ticket and ensured that I had all that I needed right up to the last minute before check out. She also offered to keep my luggage for me while I had a last look around the city.

Her customer service really was first class, and I highly recommend this "hotelette" as a real find and truly value for money.

I'd definitely rebook there in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on First floor or on the third floor are best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank LadyC67
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and we're very satisfied. It is friendly, clean and comfortable. The room we had (# 22) was quite adequately large for 2, the bathroom / shower was modern although we understand that other rooms may be smaller. The location is excellent for the enjoyment of the main attractions of Sevilla.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave3000427
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is Clean and essential. It is right in the middle of Seville, 1 minute walk from the Giralda. Very friendly staff gave us plenty of useful info. Great value for money. Close by there are plenty of good restaurants and tapas bars as well.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Giovanni M
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Cant complain about the location.. This is a basic basic hotel. Good value for money.. Only noise you hear, are the bells from the cathedral! Ana at the front desk was super nice. Gave us the lay of the land, and some insider tips for good shows, good food & shopping (considering we dont speak Spanish). Loved the shower, modernized!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family