Hotel Convento La Gloria
$151
$132
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palacio de Villapanes(Seville)
$1,155
  • Restaurant
Ribera de Triana Hotel(Seville)(Great Value!)
$121
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Baco(Seville)
$102
Travelocity
All reviewsconverted conventquirky hoteltapasgreat locationupgraded roomtucked awaycathedral bellsold towndecent sizenatural lightside streetcentral courtyardbars and restaurantswould stay againreception staffwithin easy walking distanceon foot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We found this hotel after searching the net for a while and were so happy to find this Hotel. It is a one out of many in it sort. The location is ideal, in the center of Seville, Barrio de Santa Cruz, and you can walk from there into the nice part of the city with alo to aadmosphere. We were ther during the fiestaas the Navidades and it was full with people. Because it 's a bit hidden from the street you don't hear the noises from the street. The atmosphere is informal, old-fashioned Spanish with in every corner an object or painting. The building is like many buildings in the center, very old and incredibly beautiful. People in the hotel are very nice and helpful. If you like the Spanish culture you will like this. Rooms are large and comfortable. Tiles on the floor in the whole hotel and therefor you hear people walking. Breakfast is very nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hanneke O
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights with my girlfriend (December 2013). We had the room with the cathedral view and was relatively cheap I thought. The room was great, nice and big with a huge bathroom, view of the cathedral was nice especially as it was lit up at night. In terms of location it couldn't get much better, you're 100m from the Cathedral, 300m from the Alcazar, Museo de Flamenco and Achivos de India. You're also in a maze of narrow little streets full of great tapas bars and shops which is nice.

Hotel decorations are amazng,loads of history and art inside. The breakfast was surprisingly good, normally with european breakfasts they're quite disappointing but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Not great by any stretch of the imagination but was better than average!

Overall great hotel, we both thoroughly enjoyed our time and when we go back to Sevilla we'll no doubt stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MaverickQuasar
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent position, tucked down a side alley very near the cathedral. However, the taxi driver had a little difficulty finding the entrance as it is not so well marked.
Although bearing in mind that this is a convent, I was a little disappointed by our "cell". It was stale-smelling and faced an inner courtyard. However, the beds were good, it was clean, the bathroom was good (although the bath needs re-enamelling) and it was very quiet so we slept well. And it was good value.
The paintings everywhere make it an interesting place to stay!
The breakfast was plentiful but a little unimaginative.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I was given tourist information, they booked restaurants etc for us, and ordered our taxi.
The website said there were safes in the rooms. This was not the case, although they put things in the hotel safe for you. The wifi access was very poor, and only available near the reception desk. Toothbrushes and soap was provided but no tissues. The towels were clean but rather thin.

Room Tip: An inner-facing room has no view, but is probably much quieter than one overlooking the street as the bars and restaurants below are open late.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AES45
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed a night in this hotel, it was a good base from which to discover the attractions in Seville, it was at a nightmare to find. The staff were excellent, very warm, friendly & helpful.

The room was clean, comfy and small. It's not super luxury by any means but I got a great nights sleep despite other reviews about it being centrally located close to bars etc.. In fact there was road maintenance going on outside and I didn't hear a sound. The room for me, was a great trade-off between location and luxury. I would definitely stay again.

Finding this place is a nightmare, they don't put the "Convento La Gloria" anywhere outside the building, even when I was standing in the lobby I was not sure I was in the right place.

I found the street, by following the tram line to the cathedral along Av De La Constitucion, and taking a left to walk up along Calle Alemans past a few bars & cafes, take the second left to get on to Calle Argote. Follow this street keeping an eye out for a discreet Hotel sign about 1/2 way along it on the left in an side street / alley (beyond restaurants etc.) See pictures.. when I was here there was a small laminated A4 sheet on the wall in this alleyway, with the logo for HCLG - not immediately obvious to me.... worth finding this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Alan507
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Interesting hotel -paintings, ornaments in every space that would allow it. Location perfect and within walking distance of all the city sights. Rather noisy however on a Saturday night! Handy for restaurants as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple