“Favorite Mexican Restaurant in Andalucia”

La Cantina Mexicana
Ranked #29 of 2,612 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Real Mexican( not TexMex) food, served in tapas format. Good atmosphere, good service at great prices, Mexican beer, Margaritas. Our rave reviews tell it all! NEW: Happy Hour!
Seville, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Mexican Restaurant in Andalucia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been living in Andalucia for 2 years now and this is by far my favorite mexican restaurant! I love the authentic (not tex-mex) style of the food and the fact that it's served in hearty tapas portions. My boyfriend and I go there often, we usually get a few beers and split 4 tapas for around 15 euros each and we always leave completely stuffed. Our favorite dishes are the pastor tacos and enchiladas verdes, also get the tres leches dessert if you've got room!

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California, United States
“Who says you can't get good mexican overseas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

A bit hard to find but worth the effort. We came on a Monday evening after being in Spain for two weeks, we have had out fill of Jamon and seafood it was a little slow though. I can honestly say that this was a very good meal, our host was very friendly and put up with the two ugly Americans that spoke little spanish. The enchildas verdes was the best we have ever had, the guac was great and the tacos al pastor was fatanstic. Also please try the salsa, super, smoky sweet great!

• Visited July 2013
“Tired of jamon and bacalao?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After two weeks in Spain, my wife and I were looking for a bit of a change of flavor. When I asked her what she wanted for dinner, she said "tacos" and then we both lamented the slim chance of finding tacos in Sevilla. Nevertheless, I looked up Mexican food in Sevilla and was surprised to find this place a mere block away from where we were staying. I was even more shocked at the overwhelmingly positive reviews!

The staff, atmosphere and especially the food are all great! We liked the tacos al pastor so much that we ordered a second one. It's also nice to have Mexican food in tapas portions because you don't have to agonize as much about what to order... Just order it all! €30 for two negro modelos and 7 dishes - and it was all good! The waiter we had spoke great English and was super friendly. Recommended for when you too are looking for something other than jamon.

Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unique Take on Mexican Dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here for dinner on our last night in Seville after reading all of the fantastic reviews. A bit of a hidden location but the overall atmosphere was nice and inviting with both servers who spoke fairly good english and very friendly. The menu has a mix of traditional and unique mexican dishes all in a tapas style. The food was not as great as I had expected after reading all of the reviews. It seemed as if the majority of the food was prepared earlier in the day and then heated up and added sauces before serving. It made for quick service but sacrifices taste/quality. The drinks were fair, relatively small for the price tho. Overall the meal was satisfying and tasty but certainly not the best mexican restaurant ive visited when considering the price to quality.

London, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We used the 'trip advisor city guide app' whilst visiting Seville for the day and looked for something a little different - this gave us exactly that; Mexican food crossed with the tapas theme. We followed the app through many small streets right in the middle of Siesta time and became a little concerned considering everything else was closed... but we found this little gem open, air-conditioned and extremely welcoming. Service, atmosphere, food and prices all fantastic - well worth a visit.