“Just sorry we couldn't have taken at least one more tour with Graeme.”

Bike and Hike Escapes
More attraction details
Owner description: All included half day or full day guided rides or hikes out of Seville, Huelva, Ronda or Jerez.- Rail Trails and Green Ways- Castles- Roman Ruins- White Villages- Donana Natural Park
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We booked the Italica tour before we arrived in Seville. Graeme met us at our hotel with the bikes and we headed out of the city along the river. Graeme is very informative and we had a great ride out to the village. Italica is a much larger area than we thought it would be and it was just beautiful and peaceful and amazing to be there where Hadrian was born. There were many beautiful mosiacs to see and it's fascinating to go down into the coloseum to stand where gladiators stood. I highly recommend cycle touring this way: Having a guide makes it more than just a ride: it's history and culture.
We would have liked to do Ruta del Agua or one of the other tours as well but we didn't have time. We've taken bike tours in many cities, but this experience was unique!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My family of 4 took a day trip with Graeme to Grazalema and Ronda. We started with a great hike in the Grazalema Natural Park with stunning vistas of the surrounding mountains and great views of the village. The villiage itself is beautiful and felt very authentic. We had time to visit a small shop to pick up some locally made cheese which was wonderful. We then headed for Ronda and spent the afternoon eating and walking our way through that wondeful city. Highlights included climbing on the ancient city walls, tapas at sidewalk cafe, the views of the gourge and a hike to the base of the new bridge. Grame was a great guide and I very much enjoyed our day with him. I look forward to returning again someday and being able to take another tour with him.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

What an amazing experience, we had been contemplating getting into biking but didn’t want to fully commit to buying all the gear and the bike! This was a great way to try it out, get back to nature and get fit at the same time! We did the "Ruta del agua" half-day tour which was perfect for us, the scenery was beautiful, the company fantastic, and the route/ biking wasn't difficult at all!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband, son and I recently went on a half day hike with Graeme starting at the wonderfully preserved castle at Santa Olella del Calla, which is about half an hour's drive from Seville. We walked through beautiful country paths surrounded by olive groves and hillsides filled with acorn trees and Iberian pigs! Graeme was very friendly and relaxed as a guide and he answered all our questions and shared information without being too invasive. He is great with kids and our son really enjoyed the day. We finished off with a cold drink in the local bar. A memorable day. We recommend Bike and Hike Escapes to anyone who wants to experience some of the real Spain, off the beaten tourist track.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I did a modified version of Hueznar Rail Trail tour with 3 children (ages 11, 11 and 14). Graeme was great and went through the proposed route and logistics with me thoroughly prior to the trip. He met us at our B&B and escorted us back at the end of the ride. During the day he solved all the childrens' bike mishaps (e.g. mashed gears, puncture etc) with calm and ease and encouraged them to adopt more cautious riding habits! Yaay. It was great not to have to deal with the bikes myself. I could just enjoy the ride, wonderful scenery and interesting historic sites. Even saw a Griffin vulture as a bonus. I thoroughly recommend Graeme as a great guide and a really nice guy. It helps that he is totally fluent in Spanish too!