“John”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Malaga, Spain
“John”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Do not be put of by this hotel being slightly out of town as the hotel provides transport into town for just 7 euros and the taxi's only cost between 10 to 15 euros. This is more than offset by the free underground parking and excellent facilities at this hotel.

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and right from the moment we checked in we were made to feel welcome. Chia, the reception manager, and the rest of her staff really looked after us and even helped us plan our trip into town to watch the Semana Santa (Easter Parades).

Seville is a great city to visit, we will be returning in the future, and the Hilton Garden Inn will be on the top of our list of hotels to stay in.

John

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank John T
AlejandroHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hello John and Family,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Myself and the whole team were so happy to read your comments.

Chia has personally asked me to thank you for your comments, she was very pleased to help with your stay.

Myself and the team are already looking forward to you returning!

Alejandro Casamor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is a four star hotel with five star staff and service, the staff are the hotels greatest asset.
We were in two minds about booking this hotel because of its location on the outskirts of town but I'm glad we did, we would stay her again if visiting Seville. We used the local bus every day to travel to and from Seville centre, the bus stop is 5 minutes walk from the hotel, turn right out of the hotel and walk to the roundabout turn right again and you can see the bus stop.
The bus number is 3 and the fare is 1.40 euros, the journey takes 20 to 30 minutes depending on traffic.
The journey is interesting and takes you through some areas where ordinary Spaniards live and past some derelict industrial buildings covered in graffiti in contrast to the churches and fine architecture you will find in the city centre. The bus follows the river for most of the journey, the best place to get off the bus is Paseo De Cristobal Colon between the Bullring and Torre Del Oro if you wish to explore the Old Town area. Seville is quite compact and you can walk to most places of interest quite easily. Catch the bus back to the hotel from the same place on the opposite side of the road. For the more faint hearted the hotel runs a shuttle service into Seville and to the airport, the fare into Seville is 7 euros and 16 euros to the Airport, the fare is per room NOT per person which is good value if there are two or more of you. The shuttle is busy so you may have to book in advance.
The hotel is very clean and modern, the breakfast is very good and caters for all tastes.
The same dinning area is used for dinner, we used it on the night of our arrival but found it lacked atmosphere, there were very few diners and most were people eating on there own, the food was okay but there was not a lot of choice.
The rooms are an adequate size with good bathrooms and plenty of storage space, the window opens and there is a TV, fridge a kettle two mugs and four glasses in the room. There is also an in room safe in the room but BE AWARE the safe in our room was screwed into the wardrobe using four wood screw which had smaller heads than the holes in the safe so in fact the safe was not secured and could have been lifted from the wardrobe and placed in a suitcase and wheeled away.(See my photographs). The lifts/elevators caused confusion for some guests as there are no buttons inside the lift, you must choose your floor from a panel of buttons outside the lift and it will indicate which lift to enter A,B or C the lift then goes directly to your chosen floor.
The pool area and adjacent seating area are clean and well maintained, it was good to have a pool on a City Break, not something most inner city hotels have. A word of caution there are umbrellas around the pool, on the base of each umbrella are four LARGE BOLTS sticking up, if you were to stand on one or catch your toe it could cause a nasty injury! (see my photographs).
The area where the hotel is located is a new development of modern office blocks and apartments, looking from our hotel window it looked like a town planners model with its precisely placed trees and buildings. If you follow my directions to the bus stop and just keep walking for 5 minutes you will come to an area with a supermarket, shops and some local bars and cafes. My wife and I were traveling with our teenage daughter, we paid about £350.00 for five nights including breakfast and free WiFi which we thought was very good value.
Tips: In the centre of Seville is a department store called El Corte Ingles, it is located in Plaza del Duque de la Victoria, on the roof they have a terrace where you can sit and have drinks and food and take in the views of all the main attractions of Seville, you can even see the Hilton Garden Hotel from here! The store calls it the 'Gourmet Experience' and I have to admit the food was very good we went back several times. If you are looking for some culture and something different visit the museum of contemporary art in the Monasterio De Santa Maria De Las Cuevas, it is located a short walk across the river from the Old Town, you won't be disappointed. If you are in the Old Town and need to use a bathroom that is clean and has real towels to freshen up visit the Hotel Alfonso Xlll, walk straight through the automatic doors past reception and up a few steps the mens room is to the right, the ladies to the left. Take a look at the central outdoor patio while you are there. Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Jherek
AlejandroHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

Myself and the team were happy to read your comments this morning, the team have asked me to thank you on thier behalf.

It looks like you made the most of your trip with the city delights and our swimming pool!

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Altea
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

It has its plus points - it is new, well equipped and a great choice for those preferring to leave their car outside of the hectic city centre and cab it in. It is also reasonably priced and the breakfast had a good buffet choice. Underground secure parking is also a great plus and it is free. It also has an outdoor pool and a gym, a bit stark and corporate but good facilities to have. Rooms and bathrooms nicely equiped.

On the negative, on of the front desk staff choose to attend to someone else, mid conversation, and staff have just arrived to make up our room at 3.30 pm, just as we have arrived back from a busy day in Sevilla. Also they forgot to sort out the tv reported this morning till we mentioned it again this afternoon. The surrounding area is a little industrial so not a good choice if you want to pop out for a stroll. For that you need to go into town. A few screaming kids running around at breakfast, so a little surprised that staff said nothing but even more surprised at the parents seemingly totally unaware that there were other people around trying to enjoy breakfast.

I think thing are having a few teething problems as a few staff said they were just training.

Would I come back........yes I think so, but I will look around to see if any similar options have appeared. 7/10 but a goodish one. Could reach an 8 just with a little polishing :) for me, with a car and not wishing to drive to and from the city and parking a satisfying choice albeit with a few teething problems.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Rijko
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review and staying at our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you faced a few problems whilst in the hotel, we have recently had a few changes in the team and once again we are sorry that impacted on your time with us. I do hope you notice the improvement next time you stay with us.

Thank you again for your review and I do look forward to meeting you and getting your feedback next time you are with us.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

good hotel ,spacious room,every day fruit basket , very friendly & helpful reception staff ,breakfast was also good,,could be better ,this hotel is good for meetings ,away from downtown ,you need Taxi to move around ,Bus stop few minutes away but no plan when the next bus will come .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherif K
Hello,

My Reception Manager has personally asked me to say a big thank you for the comments about her team and told me the team are missing your group as they had lots of fun with you!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 6, 2014

On the surface, the Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla looks like an excellent deal for its price - Hilton quality on an affordable budget. However, my visit was frought with multiple issues that made this stay a memorable one and not in the good way. The first - I stayed at the Hilton for a conference, but was unable to book at conference rates. I booked directly through the Hilton website and requested conference rates. While they were happy to switch me over, I realized two weeks later that I had been charged by both the conference and the hotel for rooms and would have been double charged if I hadn't specifically checked to see if I had been properly reimbursed. The second - despite the fact I confirmed my flight details three times with the hotel for an airport pick-up, I waited at SVQ for over an hour before taking a taxi to the hotel directly. This was in spite of the fact that I expressly sent over my flight details twice and then confirmed only three days before the arrival with my flight details repeated a third time. They eventually waived the fee and gave me the round-trip back to the airport free of cost. Moreover, it took three whole days before I heard back properly from their manager, with a measly compensation of some candy in the room and a card. The front desk even asked me to come back during daytime hours to speak to a manager if I wanted a proper response, despite the fact they knew I was in town to attend a conference and would likely be gone all day. Breakfast was adequate, if somewhat limp, and the rooms was otherwise acceptable. The location of the hotel is out of the way and will take some time to get into town, although not to an inaccessible degree. Despite decent enough rooms, the location and the abysmal service make this hotel not worth the effort.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank psykonaut07
AlejandroHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry that myself or my Front Office Manager did not manage to see you before you left the hotel. We are both very sorry for the problems you faced during and prior to your arrival to the hotel, the team member that made the mistake with the times of collection has also asked me to let you know how sorry they are.

I can fully understand your frustration and do hope we have the opportunity to show you what we can do in the future.

Please do feel free to contact the hotel and ask for myself or Chia Gaddess the Front Office Manger as we would appreciate the chance to speak with you directly.

Sorry and thank you again for leaving the review.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 26, 2014

New and modern hotel located in a business buildings area. Good choice if you come to Seville by car as it has free parking and bus to city center available( if you don't want to complicate your existence by driving in Seville). Rooms are very comfortable with all the requested amenities and the staff is helpful (although it would be nice to have more English speaking personal). Location is fully compensated by the rest of provided facilities.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AlejandroHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and found the team helpful.

Here at Hilton Garden Inn Seville, we always have team members working who speak English, I am sorry to hear you felt we needed more. This is somthing we have shared with the team.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed March 22, 2014

nice hotel if you have a car or use the hotel shuttle for a fee of 7 euros each way to go to city center (15-20 min ride). the parking at the hotel is free, the hotel is very new and very nice, quiet comfortable rooms with all the amenities you would expect from 4 star hotel. Free wifi in rooms. Didn't try the food there so can't comment on that. would definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello,

Here at Hilton Garden Inn Seville we were all so happy to read your review.

We are glad you found the shuttle, car parking and WiFi of use and really look forward to welcoming you back soon.