“not value for the money we paid”

Hotel Palace Sevilla
Ranked #113 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We made a 7 nights/8 days Andalucian Trip, which was a dream for me to realize in my entire life time.
I should visit Sevilla for the first time, and made a long lasting research on the internet pages and decided to book the hotel Palace in Sevilla. Allthough the rate was over my budget, I took this hotel for two nights, Oct 18-20, 2013 (2 double rooms), because of the recommendations.
Alltough the staff at the reception was helpful enough we were not happy with our stay at the hotel.
the breakfast room was a terrace floor, covered with a tent. It was very cold. There were no breakfast items prepared on both days on the display table. Tomatoes were cut in 1 millimeter slices. Cheese and ham was finished and we had to wait for the only youung man, who run away, coming later with missing bread..If you wanted to drink tea, you should take the plug of the coffee machine out and change to hot water kettle or visa versa. Because they had not a multiple plug for electrical instruments.

The quality of the breakfast was not satisfying at all, neither the general cleanless of the hotel.
The highlight of our stay was a big cockroach, which was killed by my friends at their room in the night. When we told this to the reception, the answer was, that it must have most probably come from the outside through the window, which was not a satisfactory answer.

I will never recommend this hotel to anybody.

Best regards
Fahri Barkul

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is situated in plaza de la encarnacion where the Metropol Parasol is - you can't miss it as it looks like a giant mushroom!!
Our room looked out onto the Parasol in the square.
The hotel has its own underground garage €25 per day - worth it for the security and peace of mind
The room was very small with the tiniest shower room. Ok for a couple of nights but I couldn't have coped with the lack of space for any longer.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Free wifi.
Bar on roof terrace..
Strange arrangement for breakfast - it's basically a marquee on the roof - limited choice but adequate..
What makes this hotel great is its location for everything..
We arrived on the weekend of the Corpus Christi festival - wonderful atmosphere, the streets filled with Spanish families in their Sunday best - sprigs of rosemary strewn on the pedestrianised footpaths with the wonderful aroma of the herb permeating the warm air as people walked over it.
We booked a walking tour via Viator with a new organisation run by a very enthusiastic Brit called David. As well as a guided tour of the city on foot we had a river trip and a visit to 2 tapas restaurants where we were introduced to many new types of wonderful tapas.
The flamenco museum is well worth a visit - they put on a flamenco show twice each evening in the small theatre setting - this was superb!
Seville is a beautiful city with wonderful atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzieshrewsbury
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable price for the accommodations. 134? -2 nights with breakfast. Very good. Good cleaning and very different but beautiful rooms. Nice spot. Very good location. Will check in again if I'll return to Sevilla.

3  Thank Tiago T
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Frustrating is the only word I can describe this hotel.

On looks this place is snazzy but that is where it ends! We paid £276 for three nights, the longer we stayed the more problems that appeared.

While the room decor is nice it's not fictional there was nowhere to place our bags ( which means we spent three days tripping over stuff) there was a cupboard but you couldn't open it as the tv ( which was balancing on an over pack table) was blocking entrance to it. The bed was large but two singles pushed together and kept sliding apart ( we kept losing things down the middle). The power point could not hold an adaptor and kept falling out (I had to stack stuff underneath it to hold one in place!! While the shower seemed fancy and cool it was entirely inappropriate (my partner 6'2 had to slouch to fit in it) it also allowed you to play music which sounds like fun until you realise how thin the walls really are! Housekeeping who were cleaning the common area all the time seemed to think vacuuming out the front of our room every morning was a great idea! We placed the do not disturb sign on our room ( as my partner was sick) and enjoyed very loud housekeeping out the front of our room and then reception ringing us twice to check if we wanted our room served??
One of the reasons I booked this hotel was it had a roof top bar however opening and closing times were 5 to 10 and you can't sit up there when the bar is closed there is a courtyard downstairs but nothing to sit on?? There was a coffee machine in the room but the switch for it was over the other side ( took two days to find the switch and the coffee was not worth the wait)?
Housekeeping neglected to restock our toilet paper we can back after waiting for housekeeping to finish in the room, ( I was busting for the loo) to find no toilet paper!! We tried to call the front desk and they hung up on me twice not understating a word I said, my partner found a housekeeper and had her come to the room to show them what we needed ( I had no clue what the word in Spanish was) to say the least it was embarrassing!!!

The noise in this hotel was horrible! The mushroom next to the hotel pumped music out all weekend and are room was not even facing it!! Unbearable when my partner was do sick!

The most disappointing was the hotel sent me a feedback form telling me they valued my opinion ( seems like a nice thing) I sent it back without filling it in asking them if they had found a top ( which I had just brought, sadly never warn:( ) and if they could send it to me, I still have not received anything back from them!! ( 2 weeks on)

The blond lady in reception though was lovely very helpful.

All in all i may stay here again but only if the hotel was fitted out with more functional equipment!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank MsChappell
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here for three nights and don't regret our choice (219 euro for three nights). The hotel is in an excellent location literally on the "mushroom" only 10 mins walk to the cathedral. Taxi from the airport was 25 Euros. The receptionist gave a beautiful welcome and pointed out the main sights on the map and recommended good restaurants. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, with a very comfortable bed. A computer was provided in the room and free wireless was fast enough to download movies. The spa shower was an added bonus and the hair dryer was powerful, not like many hotel dryers. We had not opted for breakfast so can't comment on that but there are plenty of breakfast places nearby. A free bottle of wine was provided at the bar and water and coffee in the room were complimentary. If you are visiting Seville, stay here. If we visit again we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Right next to Metropol Parasol and Santa Cruz and a short walk to the famous El Rinconcillo..staff very helpful and a friendly rooftop barman...also close to Cathedral and other attractions would defenitely stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a great hotel! Lavish decor. Convenient locale. Friendly staff. Neo modern showers (if that's a term) with options for overhead rose water output, flexible mobile output and 6 jets; with built in tuneable music!! We loved it.

• Stayed: April 2013