“An amazing cooking experience”
Review of Not Just a Tourist

Seville Private Transfer to Granada with a Visit to Ronda
$47.65*
Seville Rooftop Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Not Just a Tourist is a thriving local-travel enterprise, offering interactive cultural, gastronomic, historical and outdoor experiences across Seville and Andalusia.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I booked the cooking class with Not Just a Tourist as a birthday surprise for my girlfriend. The booking process was very smooth and David confirmed the meeting location. David and Nestor met us on time and with another couple proceeded to show us around a local market and tasting olives from a local store. On the way to the workshop, David gave us a brief tour and pointed out some local sights.

At the workshop, the cooking kicked off with us cooking a cold tomato soup dish and two vegetable based mains. We also cooked a pudding. During the preparation, David provided some olives and cheese to nibble on as well. This was more sit down for lunch with Mum type Spanish food rather than tapas cooking. We made some proper Sangria (rather than the touristy sangria sold in bars in the tourist precincts) and sat down to lunch.

The whole experience felt more like cooking with friends and it ended being a delicious, filling and long lunch. David and Nestor were very open and relaxed, with lots of good stories and tidbits about Seville.

At the end David gave us some advice on Seville and some recommendations for bars etc. A very unique experience and we were both very happy with the experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I were lucky to secure two of Not Just a Tourist's tours for our brief visit to Sevilla and could not have been happier with our choice. David was very prompt and accommodating during communication stage, when trying to find out what may fit into our schedule. We went on a tapas tour in Triana which was great fun, a culinary revelation in a way (we both are picky eaters with limited palates) - the things we tried at David's suggestions that we would not have ventured to try in our comfort zone were truly delicious. The evening flew by as David and Nestor shared history and fun tidbits about the city, the local food and wine.

Two days later, we went on a tour of a few white villages, culminating in Ronda, and it was a highlight of our trip to Spain. David's knowledge was invaluable and it made the places off the beaten path (in addition to the well beaten ones, we were tourists first time in Southern Spain after all) that we saw and experienced both hospitable and memorable.

I have to mention how very gracious David has been throughout our brief acquaintance. First he had to re-arrange other plans to accommodate our request for a Saturday tour (my husband initially wanted to be in Seville on Sunday for the beginning of Semana Santa week). Then when we had to change our plans to Sunday (the day he originally proposed, ironically), he made other alterations to accommodate us (I swear we are not usually this fickle). He made excellent restaurant recommendations for us to try outside of Triana. He contacted a friend for me to find out where I can buy a real flamenco dress for my daughter (yep, totally did the crazy tourist thing with the flamenco dress). He made reservations for us at the Casa del Flamenco and to top it all off, gave us a ride to the airport. All of this was done with an exceptional grace and kindness.

So to sum it up - we loved the tours, hugely appreciated the knowledge and kindness of our guide and can't wait to return to Seville to repeat and increase the experience.

1  Thank kasperdoggie
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Enjoyed a tapas tour back in early March - we had a fantastic evening and were lucky enough to have Manolo all to ourselves. He was full of interesting info about Seville, especially the Triana area, as well as giving us some excellent recommendations for tapas dishes to try (my boyfriend is still raving about the ox cheek dish he tried on Manolo’s suggestion). Good range of tapas bars to visit, including some we probably wouldn’t have found by ourselves (or dared jostle with locals at the bar!). And after we parted ways at the end of the evening, Manolo then went out of his way to catch us up 5 mins later to give us directions to another tapas bar to try the following day. Thoroughly recommend doing this tour – great food and drink, great company as well as a great way to learn more about the local area/history. Worth every euro.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I joined David for a private walking tour around Seville. He showed us some very interesting "quirky" sights, and took us to the skating district, as my partner is a keen skater. He also recommended some specialist skating stores.
We also had dinner in the house of a Seville local, Javier. This was one of the highlights of our trip. Javier prepared an AMAZING meal, of 5 different dishes, which we enjoyed in his garden. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone.

1  Thank 1_Helsta_1
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Really enjoyed going on the Tapas Tour in Triana with Nestor and Marta who provided a fun and informative introduction to Andalucian tapas. Visited four Interesting tapas places and tried a variety of tapas and wine. Then the highlight of our time in Andalucia was a full day tour to Cordoba seeing the mesquita! Jewish quarter and patios with David who was charming, affable and knowledgable. Would heartily recommend this tour company.

1  Thank Oz_7