“Great Food & Atmosphere”

La Casa del Tesorero
Ranked #152 of 3,070 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Restaurant Pizzeria La Casa del Tesorero blends history and gastronomy and is part of the historic Royal Mint. Within its walls find some of the old Almohade wall and his recently discovered Bronze Tower. A really special place to enjoy the city's history and the best Italian cooking with an excellent quality price.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

After a day of walking about in the rain we were all hungry and looking to relax. We had passed this restaurant the previous night and it caught our eyes with the chandelier you can see through the windows. We decided to go the next night and we were not disappointed! There were 4 of us and we had 2 starters - a bread basket (olive bread, onion bread etc) and some garlic bread and both were delicious but we maybe didn't need it when we saw our mains arrive.... I had a carbonara style pizza which was delicious and very filling (you could probably share between 2), my husband had a seafood pizza which he enjoyed, my mum went for a pasta dish which looked delicious and my dad had a calzone which also looked amazing. Sadly we had no room for desert! I would go back again when i'm next in Seville.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Once you get over the incredible interior of this restaurant you've got the massive tasty pizza to look forward to. Trust me 1 pizza is large enough for two persons. And the taste, wow...very good

1  Thank caribbeanskipper
Reviewed February 16, 2014

From the outside this restaurant looks very expensive but it actually very reasonably priced. The staff where very friendly and efficient. The restaurant itself has been built to incorporate the original stone building and has glass floors in parts.
We had a meal for 4. We had 2 starters, 4 mains and some drinks and the bill was only 76 euros.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Caroline D
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I don't usually write restaurant reviews as I'm a non-foodie vegetarian. Sick of below par Spanish meals, my husband and I decided to test an Italian restaurant - and were rewarded with a sublime meal. The interior of the restaurant is a must-see (the glass floor showing old ruins below is fun). The wine list is small, but the bottle of Rioja we chose was delicious. The food, though, was the highlight. We shared a salad verde with a honey & pistachio dressing to start - it was more than big enough for two and we devoured every leaf. We both ordered pasta. My linguine with cinque formaggi sauce was scrumptious but too much for me to finish, and my hubby - a discerning cook - loved his spaghetti bolognaise. The service was attentive but unobtrusive. At less than fifty euros, we found the meal to be excellent value.

1  Thank KimPlusFriends
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a lively restaurant in a beautiful restored building. It was full on the evening we went with people queueing. The staff are friendly.polite and attentive and the pizzas were excellent. As vegetarians in a city obsessed with ham, we were pleased to find a reasonable number of meat-free options! The price was reasonable 50 euros for 2 courses with wine for 2 people.