“Delicious tapas, great atmosphere”
Review of El Pasaje

El Pasaje
Reserve with
El Pasaje is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,733 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Desde hace 25 anos El Pasaje es un bar de copas mítico ubicado en pleno Barrio de Santa Cruz a pocos minutos de la Catedral de Sevilla y la Giralda.Desde hace un ano nos hemos embarcado en la aventura de ofrecer una carta de tapas fija a las que unimos tapas del dia que va creando nuestro cocinero.Tratamos de dar a nuestros clientes la mejor atencion con objeto de hacerles pasar un rato agradable, ya sea con nuestra comida, nuestras copas o disfrutando del ambiente que nos caracteriza.Os esperamos! Recientemente hemos abierto un nuevo local en la calle Ximénez de Enciso, 33 (en la misma Plaza de Santa María la Blanca) muy cerquita de nuestros dos locales situados en el Pasaje de Vila.
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Strolled in for late lunch following tripadvisor reviews and were so happy we did. One of the best restaurants we tried in our 9 days visit to Spain.
The grilled goat cheese and the Foie gras were delicious including to other dishes as well. Good value - recommended!

There are newer reviews for El Pasaje

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was a great spot for lunch. With a group of eight, we ordered one of each tapas on the menu (There are about 15 on the menu at that time). The food was excellent. The service was fast and friendly.

1  Thank Marty S
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We booked a table for 8.30pm which is their evening opening time for eating. This restaurant/bar had been recommended strongly by the Spanish lady who owned the B&B where we stayed. She said the tapas were imaginative and different from the usual. Indeed there was a daily specials tapas menu of around 8 items in addition to their standard tapas menu. We were the only customers until about 9.30 when the Spanish customers started coming in. Obviously the service was faultless since for an hour we were outnumbered by waiters. The tapas were really excellent, especially the solomillo, the chicken tikka on black rice (really) and their deep-fried camembert in raspberry sauce. We had 8 tapas, 2 glasses of wine and 2 orange juices for just under 30 euros.

2  Thank DavidFair
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Superb tapas. We had supper here on 10 April and all of the tapas we choose we're superb from the basics such as the tortilla to the unusual such as the duck and squid in a delicious mayonnaise sauce. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank James D
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Really nice modern Spanish tapas, good location and atmosphere.

So all good so far and on that count I would give this place four - five stars.

However, service was slow despite not being busy and I insisted my guests start their main courses as mine was taking a little longer. They ate slowly and mine arrived twenty minutes later together with the water we had asked for at the start with the wine.

However, the food and atmosphere and company were sufficient to recompense for this.

However, when our bill arrived all are main courses had been overpriced by nearly 50 percent and the cover charge was for four when we were only three.

I noticed that another table were also contesting their bill and reluctantly I drew the conclusion that as we were seen as visitors in Seville it was a possibility that an over charge might not be noticed. I can accept an error but on four items and seeing another table contesting their bill does leave a sour taste!!

It spoilt our enjoyment and as I watched the other table leaving shaking their heads I'm sorry to say I was disappointed with our experience. Our bill was corrected and it was explained that as we had asked for raciones rather than tapas they charged us more as the small print said prices were half rations. This however still did not compute with their calculations and it was a lousy excuse.

Would I go back, yes, but I WILL CHECK MY BILL but if I get mis charged again I will never return sad as that is. It would be very sad if a good restaurant with good food blows it on this.