The location of this hotel is simply fantastic: in the Santa Cruz area and VERY easy walking distance to all the sites, to fantastic flamenco, and to the best tapas bars. And one of the BEST things is the laundry service! It's about 1 Euro per pound (minimum 15 Euro) to wash your clothes, which is THE BEST DEAL we found when traveling through Spain! We thought it would be easy to find somewhere to do laundry in Spain---not so! And most hotels charged about 5 Euro (that is not an exaggeration) for socks or underwear---it would have been cheaper to just buy new. So the laundry service is a real blessing.
It is a little hard to find but the taxi can drop you (and pick you up) within steps of the front door. It is literally less than 5 minutes from the cathedral and other key tourist attractions. The hotel is beautifully decorated, furnished and maintained---simply lovely.
But most importantly, it is comfortable and wonderful and the owners (its their former family house) do everything they can to make you feel welcome. All of the staff was really helpful, friendly and welcoming. They helped us get entree to some very special experiences, pointed us to the best tapas bars (Vinieria San Telmo---DO NOT MISS IT, and it's only 5 minutes away!). The musical instruments scattered around are available for playing, and the complimentary orange wine (always out and available) is just lovely. They even mailed my postcards for me! (And added the stamp charge to our room.) We had no problems with the convenient elevator. Everything was lovely and impeccably clean, with comfortable beds, hair dryers, and in-room heating controls. Mentioning TripAdvisor at booking yielded a free bottle of really lovely wine, too.
It's hard to find perfection in anything, so here are the two minor downsides:
1) Yes, if you get a standard room, they're small--the smallest we had while in Spain. BUT, it was perfectly adequate, just not spacious. We didn't spend much time in our room anyway, so preferred to save money. If it's really important to you to have a big room, then spend the money and reserve one.
2) The breakfast is convenient but gets dull if you're staying there a few days. It was always a hard boiled egg, pastries (e.g. croissants), a bit of ham and cheese, a fresh fruit (usually orange or tangerine), juice and coffee. Plenty of food---just routine after day 2. And maybe it's just me---you might find this no problem at all.
The family was lovely and, because of them, this was our favorite stay in all of our 3 weeks in Spain. Also, the Hotel Alcantara (literally right around the corner, a 2-minute walk) had the best and least expensive Flamenco show of the many we saw in Spain too, "La Casa de Flamenco". Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel in Spain with a classical music theme. The hotel is built around a typical Sevillian patio of the eighteenth century (1745), situated between the Barrio de Santa Cruz and the Juderia, very close to the Giralda. It was recently refurbished but retains all its original charm. There are 19 rooms available, fully equipped with telephone, satellite television, air conditioning, minibar, en suite bathroom and security safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Amadeus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amadeus Hotel Seville
- Hotel Amadeus Seville