“Amadeus, Amadeus!”

Ranked #9 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amadeus, Amadeus!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here with my wife on the 9th and 10th of January 2013, and an inspired choice it turned out to be. Not the easiest place to find having never been to Seville before, but after dropping our bags off in reception, we parked the car in a nearby underground car park (about 21 euros a day) and left it there until it was time to leave. The hotel room was excellent, very clean, huge comfy bed, minibar and bathrobes in the bathroom. As previously stated in other reviews the Hotel has musical instruments all over the place as well as computers and printers for you to use if you need to print off airline tickets for example.
All the staff were very helpful in directing us to the places we wanted to visit, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was taken on the roof terrace on the first day, (our choice) they even brought us blankets for our legs as they must have thought we were crazy British!
The location is ideal for all the major tourist spots, the Cathederal just a stroll away through the narrow streets. There are loads of great bars and restaurants nearby and the prices were suprisingly cheap for the quality on offer.
After saying we needed to leave earlier than the regular breakfast time on departure day, again it was no problem, they prepared breakfast earlier for us so we could catch our flight on time.
All in all we had a fantastic time in Seville, the only negative was that two days was not enough! When we do return it will definately be to the Hotel Amadeus!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a lovely little hotel, with comfortable, quiet rooms, beautifully furnished sitting areas, magnificent rooftop terraces with breathtaking views of the city, and gracious service. Plus, music rooms! I spent time playing the piano each evening...a wonderful way to relax after hours of walking around this gorgeous city and before heading out to dinner. It's also located on a narrow pedestrian walkway, deep in the old quarter of town...an easy walk to all the major sites, as long as you're ready to get lost in the maze of small streets.

1 Thank Maura B
Parma, Italy
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A place I will come with my family again to. We travelled for business and had five rooms booked in this very charming botique Hotel perfectly located in the heart of the "old" Seville only 3 minutes away from the cathedral. The hotel has, while being upscale, a family feeling to it, which makes you feel asap at home.
It is very clean, quite and the service has been excellent. The rooms are individually decorated with nice bathrooms and comfi beds. The breakfast is served in a cute room and the table set with coffee, tea, fruit, roles, cheese, meat, butter, marmelade, thus no running to buffet. Thus no masses streaming from and to a buffet like in some business hotels, thus a big plus for this hotel.
The hotels "theme" of "Amadeus" is reflected wherever you look, be in the several lounge areas or the rooms. You have pianos, chellos, violins, flutes, recorders and many pictures connected to music.
It is also true that you can see the Giralda from the rooftop and even breakfast is served there if you want. One thing which was not my liking was the hotels recommendation to go to a restaurant around the corner. While the food was good, the interior was not nice typical Spanish and the music played was top 30, but then some other person might like it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank thebullers
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This beautiful hotel was one of the most pleasant places that my husband and I stayed in during a recent European trip. It is in a wonderful location close to many restaurants and not far from the main cathedral. It's an easy walk to the University area where there are many buzzy restaurants serving great tapas and is close to the city centre where you will find all of the usual suspects in terms of department and clothing stores.
The hotel is an absolute delight. It is a charming place but not in that overly fussy, floral chintzy way.The public areas are decorated with musical instruments which you can play if you are so inclined,beautiful furniture, water features and areas to sit and listen to music and reflect on the day,We especially liked the little touches of mint tea and water laid out on trays in the living areas We also loved the rooftop terrace where we would go at the end of the day to look at the sun setting over Seville, while sipping a glass of cava. The first room we stayed in- the "Mendelsohn room- was small but perfectly formed, with everything we needed to make our stay more than comfortable but after deciding to stay for a second night we moved to a junior suite- the Ravel room -which was a very large room with a beautiful bathroom and views over cobblestone streets.I would recommend this beautiful place if you have been travelling for a while and are a little over formulaic hotels. If you are driving, the parking is a little difficult to find and it would be preferable to get the instructions from the hotel staff before attempting to drive through the extremely narrow "streets." The hotel staff are also extremely helpful and accommodating.

1 Thank Bella2515
Seville, Spain
Reviewed January 31, 2013

First time stay in Seville, booked this hotel quickly on a whim and I must say we were not disappointed, quirky, homely place filled with musical decoration, being a musician myself it was very fitting and unexpected.
The staff were friendly and location was ideal for us to stroll in either direction to restaurants and nightlife and indeed all of the major sightseeing locations like the Cathedral and Plaza de Espana were only fifteen minute walks at the most, and in 20 degree weather what more could you want !

Burbank CA
Reviewed January 27, 2013

One-of-a-kind music themed lodgings in converted old house of the Barrio Santa Cruz. Could not ask for a better location for wandering the heart of old Seville. Very accommodating individuals at the reception desk, some of whom are from the family that created the hotel. Ask to see different rooms to find one that suits your tastes along the spectrum from older original fixtures to updated ones (or that is named after a different composer)! Rooms facing directly onto Farnesio may get noise from passersby, so you are more likely to have a quiet room if your room faces one of the interior courtyards.

I couldn't resist picking up the guitar that was available and taking it into the soundproofed practice room to plunk out a few chords . . .

Room Tip: Rooms facing directly onto Farnesio may get noise from passersby, so you are more likely to have a q...
1 Thank MarkofBurbank
sais in wales
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I wrote a review of this hotel a goodwhile ago now and I was, to my regret, a little sniffy. I have to admit it: I was wrong - it's excellent.
I would strongly suggest making sure that you stay in the 'Amadeus' part of the hotel rather than the newer 'La Musica' section simply because it's nicer. The rooms, while simply furnished and uncluttered, are clean and bright and have everything you need. The staff are helpful and speak good English. I have not yet used the roof terrace or eaten their breakfast but that's only becase I'm a regular visitor to the city and have my usual haunts which I enjoy. Having said that, the breakfast, while not cheap, certainly looks inviting.
One cautionary note. Ask the hotel to book you a taxi to meet you at the airport when you arrive. On my last visit, the taxi-driver presumed (as they all seem to do) that I had never been to the city before and took me for a long ride ending up about five or so hot minutes' walk from the hotel which, he told me, was on a very narrow road (which it is) he could not get near. This is not true - there are two roads which run very close to the hotel and these are both negotiable by car) but my Spanish was not good enough to tell him so and so I paid the 30 euros he charged and walked the rest. An annoying start to a very good stay.
Stay at the Amadeus: it's in the perfect location. The beds are comfortable (a novelty in Seville) and it's very good value. I'm already looking to book for Octobe this year ad will be devastated if I can't get in.

Room Tip: Choose Amadeus, not La Musica and see if you can get a balcony.