“Excelent hotel”

Hotel Amadeus
Ranked #9 of 176 Hotels in Seville
“Excelent hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Charmy hotel in the city center. Great location and staff. We loved the breakfast and the terrace. Rooms clean and confortable. Quite at night in despiste of being located in a narrow street. We loved the place...

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was a little unsure about Hotel Amadeus from the internet as I was worried that it would be tacky... but on reading other reviews, i decided to go for it and was very happy i did so. It's very unlike the hotels i would normally stay in, i usually go for more uncluttered hotels. But this place is so charming and warm and the staff are super friendly. The location is also very good, a walk away from the central square. Bed is comfortable, bathroom is clean, breakfast is good and coffee in all of spain is good so there's no fear of a bad morning.

I had a little mishap with the loss of my credit card at one of the attractions, and the staff was very helpful in contacting the police....and i was amazed they actually found my credit card at the attraction i remembered , the attendants there had turned it into the police, and the police delivered it to me in my hotel room! I certainly felt very safe and well taken care of by the whole community while in Seville! Travelling alone in Spain for the first time, I was a little apprehensive because so many people had warned me about crime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank DogbertBlackie
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We arrived at the Hotel Amadeus in rather stressful circumstances having spent around 6 hours on the road and another 1.5 hours fruitlessly driving our rental car around the maze of tiny old Seville streets without any GPS (in the end we gave up and parked in a multistory and walked to the hotel with our luggage). We were given a pleasant welcome and escorted to our room which was on the ground floor in a neighbouring building. I have to say we were quite disappointed with this room as it was dark and rather charmless, smelled of damp and was generally a bit depressing. As it was late and we were were exhausted, we accepted it without comment and headed out for some dinner. However in the cold light of day (or no light of day in this case), I didn't feel this dungeon-like room was somewhere I wanted to spend my holiday in sunny Seville. We complained and asked to change to another room where we could have a bit of natural light. The staff were helpful and, whilst they were fully booked, found a way to swap us to a slightly smaller but charming and comfortable room on the 1st floor of the main building. And they also refunded the difference since we were in fact downgrading from a superior to a standard room. Whilst this room was much noiser (given the age of the building and the moorish style of the building which has rooms surrounding a central courtyard), we were happier with it because it was much more cheery and light. We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Amadeus, and overall the stay was a pleasant one. The positives were the location and the staff, who were always helpful and accomodating. The noise was a bit of an issue for me, but I am particularly sensitive to it and a light sleeper. My boyfriend didn't hear a thing! Whilst the decor is charming on the surface, there are many details that I feel need some improvement and attention such as sloppy paintwork and poor finishing to building work, an old CD player that didn't work (why bother?), issues with plug sockets and lights not working properly etc. But I guess that this might account for the 3 star rating. My final criticism is that the hotel held a classical recital during our stay. Whilst this is a great idea which I would normally support, the hotel filled with dozens of people who were not guests, and who were all gathered around the courtyard on each level, including immediately outside our room. One of the attendees walked straight into our room, apparently in search of a chair to sit in! We had forgotten to lock the door, but it should have been fairly obvious that this was one of the hotel's guest rooms. Unfortunately, the intrusion wasn't at the most opportune moment either..... If it weren't for this, I might have been inclined to give a rating of "very good."

Room Tip: avoid the ground floor rooms and I would recommend being at the back of the hotel rather than the fr...
1 Thank Erika L
Dubai
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband and I loved the unique touches to this hotel--from the piano rooms, to the wine and tea served in the sitting areas-- I did not feel we were staying at a hotel. Felt like a step back in time with the modern conveniences of a/c and hot water! Beds were super comfy and rooms quiet--really good night's sleep. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I saw a great deal of my room at the Hotel Amadeus after I arrived sick as a dog with a cold. The first 24 hours in Seville all I saw was that room. It wasn't ideal, but I must say it was a good place to relax. The bed was big and comfortable, breakfast could be sent to your room, and the shower was modern and very soothing.

When I finally could leave the room, I went upstairs to the rooftop cafe, ordered a pot of hot tea (which came with delightful muffins that had a caramel-like filling) and soaked in the view of the medieval town. In the main drawing room next to the lobby, you could actually drink sherry for free and one night, it held a recital for piano and violin that brought in an appreciative audience.

The front is on a side street that's a little hard to find, but it's close to a pleasant street with plenty of dining and shopping options.

There is one downside: The TV only had three channels. And believe me, I had time to see all of them.

Room Tip: The Vivaldi room is nice, but the Rostropovich room has a patio.
1 Thank cwhitley
Auckland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a great hotel. Comfy, clean, friendly staff, and in a great part of Seville. Really it seemed to me to be more of a four star hotel, rather than a three star.

Next time we go to Seville we will stay in the same hotel again and would gladly recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Take the older part of the hotel against the road with a balcony.
Toronto
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the great reviews it received here and indeed we were not disappointed. We had 2 rooms for a family of 4 and they varied greatly in size. We stayed in the annex and had to go outside and into the older part for breakfast but it was not a problem as the weather in Seville is usually very pleasant. The hotel is just a short walk from all places of interest in Seville and there are many restaurants within walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family