“Great Hotel!! the best one in Seville the owner is just amazing!!”
Review of La Casa de la Luna

La Casa de la Luna
Ranked #66 of 159 Specialty Lodging in Seville
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I spend 4 night at the hotel and I felt like at home,.. what a nice hotel very good location, athe manager is just amazing so nice helpful and also very good looking!!.. the hotel is super clean and the beds very confortables!! please do not go anywhere else!! this is the hotel! price and quality relation is just perfect!

Angela Hill. California

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for La Casa de la Luna

Reviewed March 18, 2009

My sister and I had a charmingly decorated room on the first floor with two single beds. There was lots of room and a TV. The location couldn't have been better. However, the cleanliness left a lot to be desired and anyone passing on the street was mere inches from the window. Disconcerting if you like to have the window open. The staff was not terribly friendly and there were a lot of rules about not washing out clothes in the bathroom. They want you to use their laundry service. For budget travelers (backpackers) it is certainly adequate.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2007

Our stay at Hostal Arias ended up better than expected. We had some issues with the management when making our reservation, and upon arrival were told we didn't have a reservation, but once I pulled out my emails/documentation-surprise, they did have a room for us. It helps if you are able to speak Spanish that's forsure! My fiance and I shared a two bed, one bath room, with TV and AC. The room was clean, the bathroom shower leaked onto the floor, the shower water pressure was really low, but all in all, it was a cool, clean and affordable place to sleep, which was all we were really looking for. So, if you're looking for a no thrills hostal at a reasonable price that's located in a great area, feel free to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank webby2800
Reviewed May 18, 2006

A friend and I stayed in this hostal for two nights in early May 2006 and we both liked it very much! It was clean, seemed well maintained, and the staff was very friendly (though they spoke very little English). The hotel is located in a very central area, so it was within easy walking distance of the majority of the sites we wanted to see. There were many nice touches, like built in tiled seats near the window, and artwork tiled directly into the walls. The beds were comfy, the water was always hot, and it had enough space for two people to be comfortable. I'd definitely stay there again, and would definitely recommend it. I thought it was great for the price. And make sure to get your bottled water from the reception desk...they have huge, icy cold bottles for one euro, which is much nicer than the tiny bottles you will find elsewhere for the same price!

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank USRoadTripper
Reviewed April 25, 2006

We had to pay a lot for our decent room because we stayed there in the high season. (130 euros) Yes, the location is perfect, but the hostal is only marginally clean and very outdated.

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed June 12, 2005

Just getting a rate and information about availability has been a problem with this place. The response to my request was just a "see our website" answer. I also asked for a telephone number so I could contact them, but they didn't even have the decency to give me that. What happens if you have problems during your trip and you need to contact them? I tried giving them a second chance and sent another email (I'm fluent in Spanish), but I was met with even more rudeness and an attitude unbecoming of those in the hospitality industry. If it's this difficult to get reservation information, I can only imagine what staying there is like. Better to just stay away. I'm going to the Hostal Picasso instead.

3  Thank Tom_in_Madrid
Reviewed May 19, 2005

Excellent location (right next to the Alcazar, 2 mins walk), friendly staff and good price BUT the walls and doors of the rooms were very thin so noise during the night was a problem. Also, our room did not have a window, let alone balcony, so it felt quite claustrophobic. If you are just staying for a couple of nights I would say go ahead but any longer, no.

• Stayed: May 2005