Hotel Boutique Elvira Plaza
$206
$195
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorange treesbeautiful squarejunior suiteold townlovely showerpedestrian areasanta cruzspanish buildinghanging spacecoffee machineperfect locationthe hotel stafffresh orange juiceon footthe ground floorsitting roomaround the corner
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Well situated in the Elvira Plaza. Very clean and modern inside. Price is reasonable. Many restaurants nearby. Breakfast was good, fresh orange juice (plenty of oranges, self-service juicer)

Location is good not so far from major attractions. The only thing is the hotel is in a pedestrian area. So you may need to drag your luggage there. For me, it's worth the cleanliness and those orange trees.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Shatchakarn C
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed at the hotel with my wife for 5 nights. The hotel is situated ideally in the center of Seville (Barrio Santa Cruz) in a beautiful little plaza, within walking distance from all of the city's major attractions. Our room was spacious and comfortable and even though there are taverns and restaurants at the plaza it was quiet at night. Only thing missing in the room was a mini fridge.

The hotel is situated in a pedestrian walkway, so if you are arriving by car be sure to check for a near car park.

Should be your fist choice in Seville. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel is in a pedestrian only location so we parked our car in the recommended parking garage and trundled our suitcases along delightful narrow cobbled lanes following the hotel's excellent directions to the Elvira Plaza. What a treat! The small plaza on which the hotel in situated is enchanting, with a fountain, benches and orange trees laden with fruit ringed by an array of restaurants. It is also perfectly located within easy walking distance of many of the old town 'must-sees'.
From the outside, the hotel fits in with its historical surroundings but inside it perfectly marries old world charm with modern comforts. We found the reception staff to be friendly, efficient and helpful, and were soon ensconced in our delightful room facing the side lane.
The room was very comfortable and the ultra modern bathroom with its high-tech shower was a very pleasant surprise in such an old building.
Our only criticisms are that our first floor room was noisy for most of the night and that occasionally, the reception was unmanned and it took a while to retrieve our key. Nonetheless, this is all part of the atmosphere and I would recommend this delightful hotel to anyone travelling to Seville.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy-PE
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights (young couple) and it was such a good choice. The Elvira Plaza the hotel is on, is really cute, dotted with orange trees a central fountain and lots of surrounding cafés. The hotel is reasonably priced, comfortable and had everything we needed.

We had a room facing away from the plaza (as asked because I read they were quieter) and we looked down onto an alleyway with a restaurant below. One night a Spanish man and woman sat in the alleyway and played guitar and sang, very nice touch.

The negatives? We were on the first floor, and it was quite loud until about 11/12pm, however closing the windows & putting the aircon on made this noise minimal (and we were there on nights where Spain was playing the World Cup, so noise was expected). Also the bathroom door was just opaque glass. However these are minor points and overall we loved our stay.

Thanks to Beatrix who was so friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Claire H
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked this hotel some four months before I arrived because it looked delightful on both Trip Advisor and the hotel website. However I was dreadfully disappointed as instead of the room with a balcony overlooking the Square that I expected I was instead given a room on the ground floor in between the restaurant kitchen and the reception area (both very noisy till 0200 and with no soundproofing) and as people were dining just outside I had to keep the window/shutters closed. This was a disabled room and while it is great the hotel is accessible the minimal decoration made it seem rather like a hospital and not the charming but minimalist decor I expected.

I complained about the room but was told by the rather insolent receptionist that, a) it was Spain and I should expect noise at night; b) I had a window so what was I complaining about; c) I did not specify a room with a balcony (obviously not as it appeared all rooms had either a balcony or terrace); and d) I was only staying one night therefore could not expect to have a better room than people staying longer This was despite an early booking and paying a premium at the time of booking.

I am sure the room I expected and other rooms are lovely however not only did I stay in a rather nasty, grim room which was not what I booked, the manner in which my complaint was addressed was remarkably poor.

Room Tip: Specifically request a balcony or terrace room even if you think that is what you booked. And bring your own power adapter as the hotel could not provide one to borrow. And don't bother asking the hotel to book a taxi, waited for 20 minutes and it didn't show up.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo