“Poor service, lacking room, but good location”
Review of Hostal Lis

Hostal Lis
Ranked #161 of 175 Hotels in Seville
California
“Poor service, lacking room, but good location”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The only thing this Hostal has going for them is a very central location. Other than that trust the other reviews, I'm sure you can find a better place for your money. We just spent 2 nights there and it is so loud ( you can hear every single guest and the staff at all hours of the night), and the two gentlemen that work the front desk are so rude, it was unbelievable to me! I could not figure what we could have done to offend them. Also, we paid the first night credit then when we went to pay the second night they said they had no paper for their credit card machine and we had to go pull ut cash from the ATM. Are you kidding me?! even IF that was true, and I don't believe it was, how unprofessional. That is basically the theme of this entire place, unprofessional. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LanaKB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We arrived in 40 degree heat to find no lift, the air conditioning didn't work, the rooms were so small that you could hardly move around the bed, the bedspread looked like it had never been washed and when I pulled back the covers there were long dark hairs in the sheets which clearly hadn't been changed since the previous guests slept there and then I saw the bed bugs - we left immediately. They tried to make us pay for the room even though we had been there less than 30 minutes but we threatened them with the health department so they let us go. Do not stay at Hostal Lis - it's filthy and a health hazard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Seville hotels

ontario
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Tiles were the only thing interesting about this place. The towels are dingy, beds ok, small rooms and big enough bathroom but it takes a while for the hot water to come There is free wifi. Too expensive for what we got.The same reception person works the whole day (saw him in the a.m., aft and late in the evening which may explain the sombre attitude). Sufficient for one night as the other hotel I booked didn't have any rooms available for the first night of my stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Somwhere
Reviewed October 24, 2010

If you need to travel on small budget the hostal might be okay - but I'm sure there are better ones in Seville. The rooms are very small, not actually clean and quite noisy. The receptionist didn't leave a sympathetic impression on us either. We wanted to stay longer but decided to change the accommodation as soon as possible!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jam5Somewhere
Chicago, USA
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I found this hotel in a websearch of places to stay in Seville. The website was fantastic and the prices could not be beat. I e-mailed a request for a 4-day reservation. While not particularly genial, the respondent confirmed my reservation for the dates I had listed. I was told they only had doubles available at 25€/night, but I was fine with that - it was still far cheaper than anything else I had seen.

Well, let me tell you, the taxi driver had no idea where this place was - he gave me a pitiful look when we finally found the plaza that leads to the dingy pedestrian alley where this place is located. Let´s just say that grafitti was a little more prevalent here than in other parts of town. When I got to the hotel, the reception guy (who seemed to barely speak English, even though the website assures they do!) had no listing for me whatsoever. When I produced copies of my e-mails, he promptly found me a room.

The room was disgusting. For 25€/night, I could have bribed a clean room from a local off the street. The bedspread had stains, there was hair on the linens, there was no hot water, and the ¨window¨ opened out over the dingy pedestrian walkway with no screens. The stink of must and damp, combined with the jerry-rigged, flourescent light fixtures drove me out of there as fast as I could go. I have looked again at the pictures of the rooms on the website and I find it hard to believe that any of them look that nice - the light fixtures and bedspreads look far newer and nicer than anything I saw in the entire place. Even reception was dark, musty and unwelcoming.

Whomever owns this place is robbing people and partaking in false advertising. Absolutely STAY AWAY from this place!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Gloucester, UK
Reviewed December 20, 2009

The first room we were allocated, wasn't a room at all - it was a cupboard, with a window onto the upstairs corridoor. We were moved to a downstairs room which was better, but both rooms were pretty damp and dark. Bathroom was tiny and very basic. The decor is interesting though, and the satff were helpful. If I was 20 years younger I might have enjoyed it! We moved to another hotel the next day which was still a good location, but much better value for money

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed November 4, 2009

For a family of 4 on a budget this was perfect. We were lodged in a compact room with a tiny bathroom. It was decorated with authentic andalucian tile, with wooden beams across the high ceilings. The experience of showering was difficult without leaving most of the water on the bathroom floor, but luckily there were plenty of towels to soak up the mess. It was noisy since we were on the first floor with windows that could never really be opened wide. No natural light in that room but it was cozy. The hotel has free internet though only from 9- 11pm

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family