“Cooking Class in Andalusia”

A Taste of Spain Culinary Tours - Andalusia
Ranked #16 of 37 Food & Drink in Seville
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the foods and cuisines of Spain with the local culinary experts: private cooking classes, market visits, tapas sessions, customized food & wine tours... in Andalusia and throughout Spain. Since 1999, we specialize in organizing genuine culinary experiences for international foodies willing to savor the authentic Taste of Spain. Small - private groups, starting from 2 people. A Taste of Spain is recommended by National Geographic on "Food Journeys of a lifetime" as local tour operator providing expert knowledge in the Spanish culinary scene; and is a member of the IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals) and Slow Food.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We met Carlos at the central market in Conil, on the southern coast of Andalusia. We shopped for the freshest seafood and veggies then drove up into the hills to his small ranch. There we cooked. I learned a huge amount about cooking Spanish food from Carlos, both main dishes and tapas. He and his wife Carin were welcoming and hospitable. This class exceeded my expectations in every way and I have been preparing the dishes I learned for my friends back in Los Angeles. A really great day for me and my wife!

9  Thank SrCraig
There are newer reviews for A Taste of Spain Culinary Tours - Andalusia

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Our family vacation in Sevilla and Granada included a day trip to visit an Iberico ham producer, and a farmer who raises these special acorn-fed pigs, which was organized by www.atasteofspain.com. Not only was this day-trip a highlight of our vacation, the generous advice and help we recieved from Miguel (hotel & restaruant recommendations, assistance with train tickets, etc.) made everything easy and seamless, as if the gods were smiling on us every day of our trip. While we saw many historically significant and awesome sights (Alhambra, Cathedrals, Prado museum, etc.) the most authentic and least "touristy" part of our trip was organized by A Taste of Spain. We could not have been happier.

5  Thank Howard S
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Miguel Ullibarri was very astute to our needs and arranged an agenda that provided an understanding of Spanish culture and cuisine. As a professional chef and restaurant company owner,I returned with an excitement to cook and implement the flavors and ingredients that I experienced. My only hesitation with "Taste of Spain" is that the American Express card is not accepted for bookings.

5  Thank Gary D
Reviewed October 19, 2011

A Taste of Spain far exceeded my expectations in the attention to detail, personal service, quality and experience of Spain, it's people and it's wonderful food. We were interested in learning about olive oil and what better place than Spain. After thorough research of several online offerings A Taste of Spain seemed very promising. Well, it promised and delivered!!! They arranged for an expert in olive oil to meet us at our hotel and take us to the shop for the tasting. We learned the way to taste olive oils warmed with our hands in blue glasses to get the taste notes of each type of olive oil and the type of olive used with palate cleanser of green apple between each taste very much like a wine tasting. Not only was she an expert in olive oil she gave us a delightful walk and tour to the shop and after the tasting she took us to the doorstep of the restaurant, Asador Salas, where they had planned every course to use a particular olive oil we had just learned about in our tasting. The service in the restaurant was amazing and the restaurant itself was extraordinary inside - decorated with the beautiful tiles of Spain. A perfect, perfect gourmet experience of Spain and it's people and the city of Seville. They made arrangements with us according to our interest and knowledge and specific dietary restrictions and fit it into our schedule and location. We were also able to book an Iberico Tapas-pairing dinner for us later that evening also personally prepared according to specific dietary preferences. Each course was paired with a wine and all tapas made with parts of the Iberico pig a culinary star of Spain and Andalusian region. The flavours were extraordinary. A superb meal and again a restaurant specializing in Iberico Ham was perfectly located, near the bull ring and a nice walk along the river, and surrounded by the evening bustle of Seville. Perfect in every way. I will make plans with A Taste of Spain every time I visit Spain. Do not hesitate to contact them for your culinary travel plans. If you are a foodie and enjoy that aspect of travelling you will be so pleased with what they have to offer, the personal service and the results.

7  Thank bandp57
Reviewed August 13, 2011

“The culinary trip of a lifetime”

My two friends, food service professionals, and I had a goal for years to travel Spain and see the behind the scenes reality of Iberico ham. The challenge is where to start?

By chance we heard of “A Taste of Spain”. With one easy contact, we arranged to travel to Spain on a customized culinary program through Andalusia, including a personal outing to Iberico pig country. We stayed there for ten days, absorbing the culture,
the cuisine, and most importantly, the inner workings of the Iberico ham with farmers and producers. We toured the top name ham curing facilities, sampled their wares, and then ventured on site to two separate Iberico pig farms. We stayed with a family on their farm. We learned and participate in different aspects of their family farming life. They are wonderful people and our friends.

Our dream and expectations were realized by the culinary trip of a lifetime… “A Taste of Spain” put us behind the scenes & into the inner workings of the world of Iberico ham. “A Taste of Spain” designed and coordinated the entire journey for us, and provided an expert local guide who made each stage of the process comprehensible. Every aspect of our trip was precisely what I had hoped for and more. We were in Spain for ten days and did not want to leave our new friends.

Now, whenever planning a return trip to Spain, our first contact is with “A Taste of Spain” – a company that can turn dreams into reality.

6  Thank Bill W