Hotel Londres
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsroom bathroommuseo de bellas artesgreat locationcentrecitycathedral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Booking on Venere was ideal as we were on the move. This hotel is very cheap but clean, friendly & well located. For the budget traveller its ideal. I would have wanted something more comfy if I was there for a few days but one night or two was fine. The staff are really nice compared to some pricier hotels in Seville where they charge double the rate.

The room was small but quiet, plenty of hot water in the ensuite. Londres is a short walk to the main station which is why we chose it. Seville is a lovely town/city & needs more time than the 3 days we'd allocated originally.

This hotel would suit the non-fussy or budget conscience traveller. Its better than a backpackers & had a charming atmosphere in the reception area & cosy sitting room nearby.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 19, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Londres for two nights in October. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel and found it to be clean and cheerful. Our room was small but adequate, and what one would expect for the price of 54 Euros.

Our difficulty came upon checkout when we were presented with a bill for use of the phone. We had called home to Canada, but this was done with our Canadian calling card which is billed directly to our home phone number. This was not the first time that we had used our card and we had never run into difficulty with being charged. At the Hotel Londres we were charged 16 Euro for our phone call, a fee that the hotel will not have to pay but we will be paying twice! I tried to explain to the people at Reception how the calling card works, but they were adamant and charged me along with my accommodation fee.

I realise that I may have been naive regarding use of hotel phones, but, as I mentioned, this was not the first time we had used our calling card in Spain.

By all means stay at ths hotel. It is absolutely fine for all the reasons outlined by other Trip Advisor critics. Just beware that they have this little phone scam going.

Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank Smittyk
Reviewed October 17, 2005

This hotel is very hard to find. The lounge and hallways give you that Spanish feeling but the rooms are not the cleanist. There were 4 different reception staff while we were there. The first guy, who we checked in with was very friendly and spoke English pretty good. Two of the others were rude and would not attempt to speak any English with us. My wife speaks a little Spanish and couldn't communicate with them. Parking a car is a bit of an issue. They do have a deal with the mall's parking lot, but it is still 11.75 Euros a night. For the price it was an okay hotel, but if you can find something for the same price, I'd try it.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank spoonman_1
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2005

We stayed four nights at Hostal Londres in September and would highly recommend it for any travellers on a budget. Our comfortable corner room was functionally decorated but bright, large and surprisingly quiet. It included a large private bathroom, two small balconies, AC and an electronic safe. The location is very central and only a 20-minute or so walk to all the main tourist sites.

We made our booking directly with the hotel via email and confirmed it again a few days before arriving. We received the room we expected and had no problems checking in. We would likely stay there again if visiting, although I should mention that not all the rooms were the same and some are quite smaller than the one we stayed in.

The hotel looked well maintained and the staff were very professional and polite, although as we found generally in Seville, English was limited. It took us a while to realize that there was a switch at the font desk for our AC unit. They turn it off while you are out and sometimes they needed to be reminded to turn it back on when we returned -very important when it is 36 degrees C. outside.

There was a problem with the hot water while we were there, but this was not the fault of anyone in particular, just a mechanical breakdown. After registering a complaint about it at the front desk, we received a personal appology from the manager, who brought along the plumber in tow to show us the broken part they replaced. In the end they discounted our room rate on two nights to make up for the inconvenience, and we left satisfied customers.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Paris
Reviewed October 10, 2005

I really enjoyed my stay in seville, especillay this perfect little hotel which was located in the very center of the city. The rooms were rather clean and the service was good. I only stayed two days but I hope I will come back.

• Stayed: October 2005