“MUST Speak Spanish to Stay”
Review of Hotel Londres

Hotel Londres
Ranked #123 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“MUST Speak Spanish to Stay”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel during our time in Sevilla. The room was clean, the bathroom was nice and the hotel had hot water, air conditioning, and usable Wifi. We did not encounter any problems until the morning we went to check out when the receptionist attempted to charge us more for our stay (we had signed recipets from our check-in) and claimed he was going to not open the locked door and let us out. After a 20-30 minute argument, he reluctantly unlocked the door. Had I not been able to speak Spanish, I am not sure how we would have known why he would not let us leave much less be able to communicate that the price change was not ok as it took quite a long argument in Spanish and threats to call the police before he would let us leave. Good hotel and location for the price, but I recommend that someone in your party know how to speak Spanish with AT MINIMUM extremely advanced proficiency before staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The price and location of this place (close to the bus station, but also within easy walking distance of the main sights downtown) were quite good. The room was tidy. The only complaint I have is that some of the staff members weren't all that friendly - and none spoke a word of English. I don't mind if hotel staff in non-English countries don't speak English, so long as they are friendly and make an effort to get information across, but this place was hit or miss in terms of staff. We were yelled at by an older gentleman one night when we came home late-ish, and I have no idea what infraction we may have committed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I got a last minute deal and only paid about €23 for a double room with private bathroom, although after staying I would happily pay more.

The hotel is only a five minute walk from seville's bus station making it quite central. With regards to the room it was a good size & nicely made-up, it had a real double bed (not a combination of two singles), a strong & free wifi connection, and the bathroom was clean. The airconditioning control was in the room and could be managed as you please. Finally, although I would like to, I cannot comment about breakfast, as we had to leave early in the morning.

Overall I recommend this hotel, the only thing which I found difficult was that the employee at the reception desk could not speak English, but that didnt really impact my stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Libourne
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I did not make a booking, it was the tail-end of November, so just walked in. I got a double room at a great price. It was an en-suite room. It is in a great downtown location in the old city. The receptionists did not speak English, well it is Spain. They smiled a lot and were kind. The room was clean the only hiccup was the bath.

When I did a quick look into the room/bathroom, I saw the bath. Great after 10 days in Vipassana, release the bones and muscles so to speak. Later that evening when I actually stood inside the bathroom and the bath was no longer half-hidden by the door, it seemed half the bath was missing. No stretching out, it seemed to be a half bath? Plenty of very hot water but I had to soak myself half-by-half....

A great place to stay, nice staff, clean, wifi, tv and some books and videos you can read/watch in lounge.

Room Tip: Ask to see it of course!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank duinne
Durham
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Good location, central, quiet, very clean, in few words what you would expect for the price they charge. However, it was an adventure to live there: firstly, none of the three receptionists can (or wants to?) speak English, which can make your life difficult if you are not gifted enough to speak Spanish. Secondly, one of the three receptionists (who, unluckyly for the rest of the world, appears to have far more shifts than the other two) is the most unfriendly, grumpy, umpleasant and scarry creature that I've ever seen employed in such job. At times we were qestioning his mental sanity as far as he was able to keep us outside the locked gate and wouldn't let us in, only because we could't aswer the questions he barked at us, as we didn't speak Spanish. Later we found out that he used to be a police officer before he retired and we considered ourselves very lucky: it could have been a former prison guard, couldn't it?

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the quality of staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Seville hotels

sf
Reviewed October 18, 2007

the location was very convenient.
we booked 2 double rooms, 1 room was very small (you could hardly walk between the closet and the bed), the other room we booked was better. other rooms we saw during our stay were larger so it seems to vary considerably - perhaps ask to see the rooms if possible before taking the room?
the smaller room opened into an enclosed courtyard which other bathrooms opened into so if the window was open you heard all bathroom noises...
the room was dirty - long dark hairs over the tiled floor of the room and bathroom - quite disgusting. dust-balls behind the door was further evidence of a general lack of cleanliness.
the airconditioning was turned off at approx 7.00am each morning. the first morning we thought it was a mistake so let it pass but it was still off when we returned in the evening, after negotiations they turned it back on but it was off again the next morning. the 2nd morning i found the airconditioner had leaked all over the luggage - the luggage rack was under the airconditioner.
i would not recommend this hotel.

• Disliked — the room was dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)