“Central but disappointing”

Ranked #111 of 179 Hotels in Seville
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Central but disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked due to good reviews on here and reasonable price for family accommodation.
No wifi in rooms only lobby much to my teenagers disgust!
Dormitory style rooms-hard single beds.Aircon worked very well thankfully as very very hot!
Bathroom looks better than room but shower not good-too close to wall.
Unlike other reviewers we had a frosty welcome from a woman who was quite unhelpful re car parking etc and who also turned our electricity off when we left room.
Good for one night if you are used to budget accommodation.
Driving a nightmare in one way system.
If you can splash out on a room somwhere else!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SingaporeMario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed by myself for one night in a single room in this hotel. The room was small, but had everything I needed, including built-in safe. I travel a lot to many countries and I seriously believe this to probably be the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. It always makes me feel more at ease to be in a spotless environment. The hotel is basic, but the location is excellent in the midst of the old town. There are many sites nearby and it is surrounded by restaurants. Other reviewers complained about the noise, but I was here in June and I did not find it too disturbing. The wi-fi is only available in the lobby. The receptionist was exceptionally helpful in giving me directions and pointing me to restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Seville is a truly picturesque city, especially in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Natakali
Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed for three nights here, thoroughly enjoying this boutique hotel. My single room was clean, and comfortable. The hotel staff were helpful, and efficient. I found that the hotel was close to the centre of the city, but out of the rush elsewhere. There were a multitude of bars and restaurants nearby, and I even found a laundry just up the street.
Located in an older part of town, in a maze of crooked streets, I was fortunate to have a taxi take me to the door. The use of mirrors and mosaics of tiles brightens up the foyer and stairs. The wifi is good in the foyer, but unreliable in the room.
The shower was excellent. The aircon was quiet and cool, great in the heat there. I can recommend the Maestranza- few hotels treat the single traveller with such respect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Paul S
SAN RAMON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, close to everything. It was nice to go back for a siesta and not waste time getting to and from the hotel. For a single room, I didn't feel too cramped. The air conditioning worked beautifully. Two small things (nitpicking): I assume that when you say free wifi these days it is in your room or it would state in lobby or common areas. The shower curtain rod was installed 2-3 inches inside the shower, meaning that you were essentially moving the shower curtain out of the way to do anything. Despite these two small things, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank sandpiper999
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel, in a superb location. Beautifully finished throughout and supported by extremely helpful staff, this stay was certainly one of our best in Spain. The room was street facing which made views and sights interesting, and was well sound-proofed. In addition, the price made it really good value for money. We would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GabrielaJohannesburg
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our family stayed in the "family suite" at the Hotel Maestranza. From the first contact to our check out, we were treated like special guests. Our two bedroom, one bath accommodation was clean and comfortable. We parked our car in a nearby garage and walked everywhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank CajunLady01
Kerry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Antonio welcomed us with a charming smile and showed us our room. A little small but spotless and cosy. Top location right in the city centre, close to all attractions. Good value for money. Would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends