All reviewsantique furnituregreat locationtiled roomlovely old hotelold mansionlots of characterfirst floorcentral courtyardstay there againrooms are basicpublic areasbars and restaurantslobby areaplenty of hot waterlarge bathroomstreet noisesingle room
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with my daughter and her husband and three children.

For an extended family the two rooms we got were very comfortable, well priced and very well located being walking distance to most Sevillean highlights.

The hotel was an elegant converted house in typical Andalusian style with a leafy central courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I've stayed here twice. This time we were only there for a night which was a good thing as the room was small and the bed tiny - our feet hung over the end (I'm 5ft10, my boyfriend 6ft).
It's a clean and functional hotel, but it is 'no frills' (and the price reflects that).
It is, however, the perfect location - really perfect - I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it on the basis of location and simplicity. Something about it has a certain charm!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I look for a hotel where I can rest, close to everything and not too expensive, and this has a good balance on all this. My friends in Spain recommended it for Holy Week fest. It was close to the main venue but also away of the crowd. If you are facing the street, you can hear people walking and chatting while they pass by (good if you want to get into the mood of living in Spain, bad if you want sleep with not noise). The decor is classic andalucian, with tiles and old fashioned staircase and patio, perfect for my taste. Internet room is downstairs, rent by the minute (Good if you just want to check your email once in a while).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank rixcerezo
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel is very close to the Plaza de Toros, in the old town of Sevilla, it`s in a old sevillan house, with a patio, very tipical, I loved it! There's a lot of "azulejos" in the walls, it makes it very charming! Room was tiny, but considering the old building it's ok.For those like me love old houses it`s perfect, cozy and confortable! If you prefere modern and fancy hotels, avoid it... I would come back to Simon and Sevilla!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank RaquelPonsati
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Hotel is perfect location for wandering the sites of Sevilla. It is a small hotel with beautiful character in it's inner courtyard and up the stairs to the first floor. However our room was on the second floor and was very plain and to be honest, disappointing.
During the night/early morning it was quiet even though walls are thin.
Internet via wifi was free in the lobby area/courtyard and worked well. It was a pleasant place to sit and check out emails.
In the evening, gates were closed to prevent access unless you were a guest so felt very safe.
The air-con in our room was switched off when we arrived and each time after the housekeeping came in. It is very hot in Sevilla during August and the unit could not keep up. May have been worse because we were on the top floor.
We would recommend it for a few days visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on first floor, second floor lacks character.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple