“Tired but OK Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 179 Hotels in Seville
London, United Kingdom
“Tired but OK Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was touring with my band and we ended up in Seville for the night. I was offered a late check out for the next day and charged €20 for the privilege, I paid as I didn't want to sit for 4 hours in the lobby. Other than that the check in was friendly and efficient.

My allocated room was small and had nowhere to put my bag, I had to put it on the floor and spent my whole stay tripping over it. The bar was fine and we didn't eat in the hotel except for a rather good breakfast.

The next day I was having a post breakfast nap (too many years touring is taking it"s toll) when I was called. The woman didn't speak any English and my Spanish is poor. I think she was asking when I was checking out but, we failed to communicate at any level. I then had a series of visits from housekeeping despite paying for a late checkout and hanging the do not disturb on my door. They also don't seem capable of knocking, they just walk straight in and to see my naked form emerging from the bed. My nap was ruined and their day was too.

So, in summary, it's not a bad place, the rooms were too small, breakfast was good and irritating housekeepers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

A mixed bag... Rooms are refurbished and comfy in a 3-4 star way. Pool was closed for repairs and wasn't scheduled to open before June 1, which was sent shame given the website's great photo (what I expected... Sadly not). Spa closed three months ago, not expected to reopen. Location Ok but a bit far from the sights and centre. Saving grace is the staff, who were all friendly and helpful--seems to be a Melia signature trait. Needs a facelift...

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Exmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Spent 4 nights here with 3 other couples. Booked early and fantastic value for what we paid. Does not look too good outside but inside is very smart. Great rooms with views over city. Breakfast one of the best we have had anywhere. A 20 minute walk to the centre. Also tram to centre is close by. Would certainly stay there again. Staff all very helpful. Has an outside pool sadly shut for retiling, but we still cooled off in the children's pool!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in May and loved it. The check in was very efficient and the room was spotless. We had a double room with a bath, shower and his and hers sinks. The only gripe we had was that the shower wasn't very powerful, just trickled out but there was another shower in the bath tub that we used instead. Some lovely little Melia touches in the room, bath, shower gels etc. We would also have liked to have had a kettle in the room.

The lobby was stunning with a funky lit bar and restaurant. The hotel itself is about a 15 minute walk to the main cathedral, but as we are in our 20's this didn't bother us too much. There are a few nice restaurants along the way and the hotel is situated next to the Plaza Espana which makes a stunning walk in the evening (we were lucky to have a 20 piece band practicing one evening, very relaxing!). There is also a beautiful park next door with a couple of lovely large buildings to take a look at, very well maintained grounds.

Would recommend this hotel to everyone that doesn't mind a nice stroll to get to the main cathedral (touristy area). There is also a lovely restaurant across the road that does delicious cod and pork!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Melia Sevilla is a good hotel and is at a walking distance from most attractions in Sevilla. The rooms were alright, though the wifi was quite erratic. Given the location, the view from most rooms isn't particularly scenic. The albufera restaurant is fantastic, and a must visit for the paela. A decent hotel overall.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
South Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We booked online (we stayed for 4 nights) and hadn't realised quite how big and corporate this hotel would be - so it wasn't really to our taste. It was also slightly further away from the main centre than we'd appreciated - although there is a tram stop about 5 minutes walk away. That said, our room was very comfortable indeed - spacious, excellent bathroom, plenty of cupboard space and a really comfortable bed. We had room only so didn't try the breakfast - for that, we just walked into town and found some reasonable places to eat (Cristina & Co - café opposite the old tobacco factory / now university was excellent). Given the choice, we wouldn't stay here again as we discovered some much more promising-looking hotels on our wandering around town.

Room Tip: We requested a 'quiet' room and got one that was set back a bit from the main road. You coul...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Tenerife, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel is near the downtown area, therefore is a good location if you want to visit the monuments of Sevilla. However, the hotel is quite dirty and the service not very polite. The building is huge, but quite old, the hall is updated but the rest of the building needs some restyling.
In my room I found hair and the wc was dirty. Besides in the hallways to get to my room there were left overs of room service left on the floor for a whole day. It was quite disgusting and definitely not something you expect from a four star hotel. When I complained the answer was cold and impolite. I think you can find much better hotels in the downtown areas, with Spanish flavor and clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family