stayed 5 nights in late June. I really enjoyed the rooftop for lounging and cooling off in the pool. I think the positive points have been covered well, and for the most part I agree it was a very nice hotel. I'll just iterate some of the things that could have been improved, in my opinion.
1) our first day, around 5pm, we asked the front desk if there was somewhere nearby we could get a snack as we were still quite jet-lagged and just wanted something nearby and easy. We were told all places nearby were closed and we could try the burger king up the street. we headed out to find a place on our own and it turned out the cafe right in front of the hotel (pick and stay i believe) was open and serving tapas. as we ate we wondered why we were directed to burger king instead of this place.
2) another time I asked about arranging a tour of Granada and the Alhambra. They showed me a brochure of a local tour company but I wasn't interested in that particular company. Instead of offering me other options or offering to look into it for me, they just shrugged and said I could look for one on my own
3) similarly, I was interested in renting a car one day for a drive to Cordoba. the company they usually use didn't have a car available. Again, that was the end of the help from the front desk. It would have been nice if they had offered to call around and find a car for me.
I guess in the end, maybe they need a dedicated concierge who is more familiar with more than one company for any service that may be needed by the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Becquer Hotel, is located in the historical and commercial centre of the city, next to the Guadalquivir River, just 5 minutes walk from the Cathedral, Giralda, Barrio de Santa Cruz and a step away form the area of Tapas (Triana). With very easy access to buses and a private garage for hotel guests.There are 134 rooms fully equipped with private bathroom, plasma TV, WIFI, minibar, safe, air conditioning or heating (depend on season), trouser press, laundry service, free coffee/tea maker in the room, room service until 24:00, etc ...The hotel also has meeting rooms, fully equipped with free WIFI, loudspeakers and audiovisuals. Outdoor swimming pool, Terrace and Solarium with wonderful views of the Cathedral and the Giralda are open from 1st of June till 31st of October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mirai, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hotel Becquer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Becquer Hotel Seville