“Decent hotel well located for a weekend in Seville”
Review of Hotel Becquer

Hotel Becquer
Ranked #10 of 175 Hotels in Seville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Decent hotel well located for a weekend in Seville”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in late January.
The location is good, being one block off the river and a 5 minute walk to the cathedral. If arriving from the South West....Faro airport or Huelva, it is very easy to get to the hotel.
The hotel itself is well maintained and I had a good twin bedded room with a type of balcony onto the Reyes Catolicos street. Service was excellent from the housekeeping staff who did my washing after 6 days travelling. Reception staff were also very helpful when I wanted to avail of hotel car parking on site.
It was a pity that the rooftop terrace area was closed until end of February, as I had hoped to use it at night to get some shots of the cathedral in the distance.
I did not have breakfast or eat in the bar. The bar area is essentially a large open lobby where you have to ring the bell for service, and it is not inviting as a place to spend time.
The bar that used to be at the front of the building is closed since October last I understand, for renovations and it would be a great facility to have were it open.
There are several cafes close by and some good tapas bars also. Overall, I would return and stay at Becquer again

Room Tip: Rooms at the front with a semi balcony incl window that opens on to Reyes Catolicos are nice. There...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Dromadamusic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent - you are in walking distance of all the sights and shops and can access everything easily. The hotel itself - I would say average - the layout of the rooms means the noise from other guests/floors can be heard loudly - the walls are really thin. The room itself was clean but a little on the small side. Gym - very basic.

The staff were reasonably polite on checkin and checkout - that aside we didnt have much contact with them. For the price and location and given we were in Seville for 3 nights the hotel served its purpose, but not a "wow" experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Becquer on the weekend and it was ok.
The rooms were nice and the staff were friendly.
Our only problem was the walls in our room seemed a bit thin- we could hear everything the couple in the room next door were saying- the hotel staff were quite good, they called the room and asked them to keep it down, which was helpful.
The location was good- a short walk to the main part of Seville and there are lots of nice restaurants in the area.
I would stay there again if I returned to Seville

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
co dublin
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here in August this year and had a truly fantastic holiday in Seville. Our original room was lovely but unfortunately overlooking the main street and as both myself and my husband are light sleepers, we requested a move to a quieter room. Reception resolved as soon as we requested and although the room we were placed in was a little more basic facing into the inner quadrant at the rear of the hotel, it was perfect for our needs and wonderfully quiet, despite being in such a fab central location.
The pool on the roof, small as it is, was bliss after a days sightseeing. As were the sprinkler systems, providing a constant cool spray of mist every few mins to hot, tired limbs. The area is small so can become crowded but its a great spot with amazing city views. I'd recommend management consider extending the seating lounging areas where space allows...
I loved this city! And simply have to return. I will most definitely be checking in at the Becquer once again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank msfitz222
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is the firts time that we stayed in Sevilla and we stayed at the Hotel Becquer. All I have to say is, , what GREAT HOTEL it is!!! They gave us an excellent room with a great view. The reception staff that received us for the check in could not be better. They were very friendly and attentive. The facilities are great. The room was very neat and clean. Yhey gave us a room with three balconies!!! (1 in the bathroom and the other two in the master bedroom). They also received us with a nice basket of fruits. Every night they leave two "polvorones" with a nice note that said Sweet Dreams (dulces sue~nos)The breakfast buffet was the best of all that we had during the complete trip. Finally, we had a GREAT STAY and a SUPERB days in Sevilla!! Hotel Becquer, thank you for all the attentions and for a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank STEPHEN D
The Hague, Netherlands
Reviewed January 7, 2013

So for the hotel itself, it's a nice hotel, but nothing special.
The room was nice and clean, as well as the bathroom. Nothing special to mention here.
Breakfast is good, well served.

As for the location, it's perfect, in the middle of the centre, easy walking distance from everywhere and easy access by car also.

So for the hotel itself, I would give 4/5

However what made me very unhappy was the service when asking for advice. I generally have very good advice given by reception staff in hotels. However I made the mistake to ask here for advice for restaurant and a flamenco show. I should have smelt bad things when the receptionist immediately got out tickets for "the best show" according to him. Still we trusted him. We arrived at the show, saw a tourist group straight out of a bus, started thinking "oups" and then the show started... we did not stay (I'll comment on the show itself in another review on tripadvisor).
Then luckily we did not follow the advice for restaurant, as the places were just the worst tourist traps you could imagine.

So for this reason I give the hotel only a 3/5.

For the rest the stay was good, service at very early check-out was good, by the time we got to the parking, the car was open, luggages loaded in the car and ready to go.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel becquer because if the miles I had and they were miles well spent. The rooms were pleasant and clean. Great bathroom! The front desk service was attentive to all our needs and requests. It is not the cheapest option in town, but the location is excellent! If you can afford it, stay here.

• Stayed January 2013