Hotel Becquer
$83
$112
$99
  • Pool
NH Sevilla Viapol(Seville)(Great Value!)
$92
$270
$202
Melia.com
  • Pool
Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel(Seville)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
Hotels.com
$176
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla(Seville)(Great Value!)
$94
Hotels.com
4,894 results
All reviewsgreat hotelrooftop poolwithin walking distancegood sizefree walking tourtapastriana districtexcellent locationbreakfast was excellenttaxi rankminute walkbull ringcentral locationmain attractionscomfortable hotelbeautiful cityold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a very good hotel with nice buffet breakfast in the center of the city. Clean and comfortable. Short walking distance to shopping area and the cathedral A big plus if you come by car. Easy to reach from the high way. Safe guarded garage under the hotel reachable from the reception area which is very convinient

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2012

It doesn't look like much from the outside but we were really pleased with our stay at Hotel Becquer. You would be hard pressed to find anything more central - only a few minutes walk right to the centre.

When we arrived we were shown to our room which was clean and had everything we needed, it did have a stale smell of smoke which I was not too happy about. We left the window open for a couple of hours but there was no improvement. We asked to change rooms and were accommodated immediately with very sincere apologies and shown to a room which I think must be on the new side of the hotel. This room was a tad bigger, had a lovely view of the trees and the street outside and seemed to be newer. What a great trade - thank you!

The rooftop bar wasn't open as it was the end of October and raining/cold - to be expected of course - but think in summer this would be absolutely fantastic for a late afternoon dip and drink.

Really happy with our stay there and would stay again if we were ever to visit Seville in the future.

Room Tip: Not sure what our room number was but we changed rooms as our original one had a funny smell. The second room was SO much better and looked like in was in a new wing of the hotel. Might be worth asking reception when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were there for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We could not ask for more. We had a nice surprisingly large room which were well equiped and modern. The hotel is located within 15 minutes walk of the main sites though we would not have minded walking more as Seville itself is a lovely city. The breakfast was delicious and service ever cordial. The only negative thing about my visit were the my experiences with the city's cab drivers. They give me an impression that they are crooks! But that is another story which fortunately did not mar my stay at the Becquer or my highly impressed view of the city. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny Y
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the first place I saw after I landed in Sevilla. It seems small at first but it is very nice! The lobby is large and beautiful, theres a nice dining area in the back for meals (which are pretty decent, variety). Theres also places to hold meetings in case thats needed.
My room was fairly nice, larger than most rooms you will find in Spain.
The Location is perfect :). An easy 10-15 minute walk from almost anything you would want to see. Bull ring, Catedral, Torre del Oro, and Puerta Jerez (very central area). From here its very easy to cach a metro or a bus to see Parque Marie Luisa. (You can also take a nice horse drawn carriage, a bit pricy but cool.)

The staff was very accomdating, some spoke english, but i noticed in later hours around 1-2 am usually Spanish is needed a bit. Which is fine.

I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This review is a tad late, May 2012, but better late than never. Hotel Becquer was what we needed for our trip through Spain. My wife and I like to set up hubs in large cities and then explore outward. This hotel met our needs nicely. We weren't looking for frills, just a comfortable, safe hotel in a good location.

Comfort - The hotel has a nice lobby and the rooms were large enough for our four bags (we travel a bit heavy). The beds were comfortable and we slept nicely (ie I don't recall any sort of loud noise when we were sleeping). My wife's one requirement was air conditioning and the rooms were nice and cool in what was a hot spring by our Chicago standards. We usually like to stay in hotels that are four star or better and I would say this hotel is consistent with it's rating. Definitely not the wow factor of a 5-star, but that isn't what we were looking for.

Safety - The city of Seville takes a good day to get used to, but after that we were comfortable walking around at all points in the day/night without fear for our safety. This hotel is located on the side of the river that tends to be more touristy and there was always enough going on that there were plenty of people going about their business like we were.

Location - The location was a nice 10-15 minute walk to just about everything. By the end of our trip, I feel like I had passed the bullfighting ring a million times as it is on the popular river walk. The cathedral and alcazar are just a few blocks away. The Plaza de Espana and gardens area is worth walking to, but likely is long enough of a walk that you want to leave yourself enough time to see it once. When you get to the Plaza de Espana, be sure to go at a time when you can play with one of the row boats. The hotel is also located within walking distance to plenty of restaurants. There are several places where you can sample wine, meats, cheeses, etc. Basically every restaurant will do tapas and have preset deals where you choose a variety of options for a set price. That was nice for a couple of English speakers who can speak a little Spanish. You basically sit down, mention the special you want and then list off the choices. The waiters in Seville were generally very helpful and nice. I still miss not having a bottle of wine at each lunch.

Summary - Hotel Becquer gave us everything we needed to make our trip successful. Don't eat breakfast at the hotel as it is pretty expensive and, in my opinion, you can find better breakfast by venturing out into the city that you came to visit. Make sure to go to the roof. I forgot they have a good roof view (and pool) and we didn't come prepared to go swimming. Also, they had a computer which had basic internet access. That played a key role in helping us set up a few tours.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple