“One of the most unique experiences of my trip!”
Review of Camara Oscura

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Calgary, Canada
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“One of the most unique experiences of my trip!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

After 9 months of travelling, I just look for unique experiences now. This definitely fit the bill.

The guide basically operated a huge mechanical periscope from the top of the tower, which could focus in detail on any part of the city, even on people at street level. It was like we were big brother, a bit scary... the guide then took us on a tour of the city using the periscope, which is illuminated on a horizontal concave screen which the viewer stands directly in front of. After the tour, you get access to the balcony of the tower which provides the actual 360 degree panorama of Sevilla that you saw during the presentation.

Entry and presentation costs 4 euro. I definitely recommend it for the novel experience. The guide warned me that the presentation would be in Spanish, but since I was the only one there, he spoke in perfectly understandable English.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank My2BareFeet

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An unexpected treat”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited this on the off chance. The camera is a new addition to the old tower of the artillery/ lead shot factory.

When I visited I had a one on one tour of the city through the camera which was excellent although in Spanish. This was for around thirty minutes.

Worth doing if the sun is out but not too strong.

There is also a viewing platform.

Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank headsonbeds
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Don't miss this experience!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Our amazing host spoke four languages, Spanish, English, French and one we just couldn't figure out!

We went up the tower in a lift then a flight of stairs, around the outside of the tower is a small caged in balcony which offered a beautiful view. Once everyone was in he explained how the camera worked and off we went on a unique viewing tour of Seville for 45 mins.

I would recommend this visit to anyone who visits Seville, a really unusual and interesting experience.

I'll mention these tips in all my reviews of Seville places:

1. Get hold of maps of Seville and the bus routes before you go or as soon as you arrive. You'll need them!
2. Unless you speak perfect Spanish be wary of the airport taxis as you could get badly stung.
3. Learn the lingo. My smattering of Spanish didn't particularly help and very few people speak English.

Visited May 2012
10 Thank ffls
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The Camera Obscura in Seville is well worth visiting”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We had a few hours to kill before catching a flight home and decided to visit the Camera Obscura in the Perdigones Tower, What a treasure! The tour cost 4 euros each and, as there were 8 of us from the UK, the talk was conducted in English. He apologised for his English but it was great. The guide explained how the Camera Obscura worked and then went on to show us Seville from an unusual angle explaining what all the buildings were and a potted history of the major architectural features. It was the best value for 4 euros we spent on the entire trip. The Perdigones Tower is situated in a park with a children's playground and excellent cafe. Please do try a visit

Visited October 2011