“Lovely hotel”

Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza Sevilla
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel is fabulous, my boyfriend and I loved it!
If you want to go to Seville and experience the culture and the city life, this hotel is a perfect choice! Very friendly and professional staff. Especially from the reception.
The location is near to the city center and it is very convenient if you consider the distance from main Seville attractions. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
Strong points pool on the rooftop and breakfast.
Don’t forget to try oranges and chocolate muffins. Yummy!

Room Tip: Room 31 is a nice room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ina721
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a great hotel for a trip to Sevilla. The hotel is conveniently located close to the city center and nice restaurants/bars/squares, etc.

On top of that, the interior is very charming and the staff is extremely helpful. The hotel and the rooms give a very romantic and charming feel. The rooftop area is a great space to relax or to take a fresh dip in the pool after a day of sight seeing (though it is indeed rather small for the amount of guests that stay in the hotel).

Overall a very good and charming experience, I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I booked this hotel. We arrived very late at night, and they were waiting for us, and the minute we walked in, the guy sitting at the little desk (there isn't a big reception area) the guy called us by our names. I guess the fact we were probably the only guests who were still no-shows for the day might have helped. But my friend and I were comfortably seated while the attendant was checking us in, and before we knew it, they ushered us to our rooms. Mine was spacious, with furniture that looked antique rather than old, but Ohh.hhh so fit with the overall decor. I wouldn't have traded my room for something with modern furniture. The bathroom (check out the pics) was superb! (not cramped as it is the case in European hotels). The bed was super comfy. The next morning, we had a nice breakfast which really got us started on a great footing.
Not sure how many rooms the hotel has, but the breakfast room wasn't crowded. We ate leisurely before heading out. The hotel is in a secluded street, but you walk a few meters, and you are within taxi reach. The quaint aspect of the hotel is not for you, if you are looking for glassy, modern, chrome-type of facilities.
But where they took the palm home is in the service. These guys really know a thing or two about making you feel like a king (or a queen, in my case). My friend had the same experience, and we were sad to leave. As we came back very late every day after having dinner, we did not experience the hotel's food (except the breakfast). But still, I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DustyFeet-MacheAnpil
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza for about a week in July 2013

I truly enjoy my stay in this charming hotel. The room is small, as most room in Europe, but large enough for my need. The bed is comfortable and the air conditioning provide to be very handy for Sevilla hot weather...

One thing though is, as it is an older hotel, the shower took me a little bit to figure out...A bit too many knobs for my taste...You turn one off completely and it affect the sink also...I got it eventually so from then on, everything was great.

The greatest thing about it is the service. I was receive really nicely by a gentleman who also provided me with a list of the best tapas and restaurant nearby (most of them well reviewed on this site). They also helped me a lot with suggestions for things to see, shops and were really helpful when i had to confirm booking for day trips and trains. My room was not available at the time but they kept my luggage so i could go wonder around and my luggage were in my room upon my return. Breakfast was included as well and it was a nice spread...Nothing fancy but it tasted good and there was a lot of choice for a hotel breakfast...You can also have eggs and omelettes. Restaurant seemed nice and open late but i didnt go there...

Ther eis also a pool and a quiet interior garden to relax if you want to...

It is also very close to the main attractions but be aware that you are close to the Santa Cruz barrio so getting there through the small street can be tricky...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The service is complete top notch, the hotel is situated about 15 walking minutes from alcazar. There is a great 300 year old bar around the corner. We finished each night at the hotel bar for some wine. During the second day of our stay, we took a swim in the rooftop pool as well. They have free breakfast daily. The only negative I can come up with (as I am 6'3), the bed was just a tad short, but workable. A great place.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

1) The pool area was amazing given the Andalusian sunshine (even in late May it was already hitting mid-80s!)
2) The service was great, maybe slow at times, but so gracious and polite
3) The location is amazing, even if we did get lost nearly everyday in the Barrio Santa Cruz
4) Very comfortable rooms (sparse decor, but spacious with luxe bathrooms and very comfy beds)
5) Very reasonably priced drinks/coffee/water/beer. Maybe compared with the rest of the city it's "expensive" but given how much hotels typically price gouge, this was surprisingly restrained

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Most charming and enchanting hotel! An old 'casa' with beautiful courtyard and lovely architectural details. Excellent areas for reading and relaxing and close yo everything in the winding streets of Seville's center.
Great gourmet breakfast with the best coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013