Gran Hotel Lar
$116
Hotel Palacio de Villapanes(Seville)
$1,157
$151
$132
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ribera de Triana Hotel(Seville)(Great Value!)
$121
$176
Hotel Baco(Seville)
$102
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This should not be a four star hotel. If this was a three star hotel then it would be on the upper scale.

The location of this hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Main Street with all the restaurants and about 15-20 minute walk to the shopping area.
Overall this hotel has potential it just did not get there. The rooms are very spacious and large. But as a couple we asked for a double bed and they gave us two single beds pushed together and called that a double. If this was a three star hotel I would understand but I have stayed in four star hotels and they have all given us a double bed.

In the room the is aircon, fridge and television. All worked great. We got a room on street level and it was extremely noisy. If you have booked ask for room not on street side.
The bathroom was large however there was a bath in the shower which looked great however you could not stand properly in the shower, so you had to either choose to take forever to get wet or pretty much stand on your toes.

The wifi was a huge problem in this hotel it didn't work really. You also had t get a new code every 24hours and for each device. The staff knew that wifi was a major issue and many had complained before us and they just told us "they knew it was slow".
The staff were okay, they were helpful and answered any problems we had.

We didn't have breakfast included with our deal so we can not comment on it. However there are many restaurants which do a cheaper breakfast. They offer for €10, but you can go get coffee juice and pastry for €2.50 down the road.

Overall it was an alright stay. Not a four star hotel though. I would stay there again for the cheap rate I got but not if it was full price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ris W
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked this hotel through one of Hotwire's "blind" accommodation deals in which Hotwire said it was a 4-star in the city centre. When I paid and received the name of the hotel and saw it's location, I was very disappointed but it was better than I expected. Certainly not 4-star - maybe a high two-star, low three-star. The rooms were very dated and the room I had was very small, with a bed somewhere between a single and a double. However, the location turned out to be perfect for all the sights I was interested as well as restaurants and taberna in the evenings. Also, I only paid 27 euros a night - so no complaints for a room that was clean and convenient, in a good location. I had no problems with internet access or air conditioning, both worked well. I didn't eat at the hotel and had very limited contact with the front desk, so I can't really comment on either. I stayed here from Aug. 30 until Sept. 2 and my room was at the front of the hotel, but I didn't notice any undue noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank FTGirl
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is a definitely more a 2 -3 star than a 4.The decor is outdated and badly needs an upgrade. The first day we had problems trying to open the door. The second morning we noticed dog poo directly outside the door of the hotel and when we returned 10 hours later it was still there,despite the fact that there were staff hanging around who seemed like they had nothing to do.
While the price was reasonable for Seville, I definitely won't be returning in a hurry.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Helgac16
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Good value for money, friendly staff, not a four star hotel, maybe two or tree but a great place to stay. I will come back. Didn't take break fast. Very clean and silent. Air conditioning work edge great

3  Thank TDusty
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights as part of a Trafalgar tour. I am guessing they get it at a bargain price, there is no other reason why you would choose this hotel. Several rooms had faulty air conditioning, plates at the breakfast and dinner buffet were not washed properly (bits of rice from last night's buffet stuck to the breakfast plates) and the staff were rude and uncaring. Location is ok but there are plenty of better hotels nearby. The decor of the hotel is very dated, completely 1970s. An extra heavy metal door over the lift on most floors which is unnecessary and difficult to open if carrying luggage.

• Stayed: July 2013