Overall this is a lovely hotel and we had a really enjoyable stay. The best points were the bathroom (mostly marble, bath, shower, bidet, and plenty of mirrors), the enormous king size bed (made up of two large singles but perfectly good for us), and the buffet breakfast.
The breakfast was fabulous - a wide range of hot and cold food, fresh and cooked fruit, meats, cheeses, tortilla, smoked fish and perfectly cooked eggs and of course bottomless tea and coffee!
The location of the hotel was ok. A taxi right into town (to the cathedral to be specific) was only 4euros and the walk only 20-25 mins or a 5 minute bus ride to the beautiful river. The walk into town was perfectly pleasant - bars and pastelerias and shops on the way - so we did not feel isolated or out of the way at all. And it only cost about 17 euros to get back to the airport by taxi - taxis are very easy to flag down right across the city.
And the metal shutters on the bedroom windows seem to be the norm in seville - we thought they were most probably to block out the bright glorious sunshine in the mornings and they worked very well.
There were some little negatives but i do not want to blow them out of proportion...when we arrived we were a bit bemused by how to operate the air conditioning in the room and the window shutters as the concierge did not show us up to the room and explain it to us but we worked it out eventually so it didn't matter too much.
Though none of the staff were rude to us they were sometimes a little short when serving food - though this seemed to me more like a lack of confidence in english than anything else! There were enough staff fluent in english that we had no trouble asking questions when we needed to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Emperador Trajano is a modern and functional hotel located right in the historic and shopping centre of Seville, just 500 meters from the Santa Justa railway station with its AVE (high speed train) terminal. The location is very convenient. The hotel has 3 rooms for meetings, conventions, seminars and banquets. The services provided are of the highest quality and standard. Our guests can take advantage of other services provided in the hotel: car park, restaurant and coffee bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Santa Justa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Emperador Trajano Seville
- Hotel Catalonia Emperador Trajano