Catalonia Giralda Hotel
$193
$182
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poolfifth floorold townnice hotelpleasant stayhotel barexcellent breakfastcomfortable bedswalking distancetrain stationnice roomhotel roomon footrenovationsangriakettletaxis
Reviewed April 9, 2007

We stayed at the hotel during the Semana Santa 2007. The hotel is quite nice. Room was very clean, 2 big beds (make up 1 huge double bed), big clean bathroom. Breakfast had a very good choice. We found it very easily (not like the previous reviewer) but we did not have a car. It is about 15 mins walk from the Airport bus stop which can be a bit difficult with luggage but we were there for a short stay so we had light luggage,t hus it was not an issue for us. It is also quite central. I timed it - 15 mins leisurly walk to the cathedral going through the narrow streets of Seville. Also in my opinion this hotel should be rated 3 stars not 4 though.

However the vary bad thing I found was the soundproofing. Horrible! We could hear people walking by your room. On our last night a bunch of American girls in the room next to us, decided not to sleep and they started chatting and laughing! And at 1.30am this is not what you want to hear. I called the reception and informed him and you know what he told me - "Why are you calling us?" - HMMM I tought he misunderstood so I repeated and then he seemed to understand. So we expected to hear the telephone ringing in the adjacent room and the laughing to stop. 15 mins - still nothing so I decided to take manners into my own hands. Called the adjacent room (heard the telephone ringing) spoke to the girls and then they stopped. This episode and the incompetent receptionist force me to give it only 2 stars.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2007

The hotel caters mainly to large tour groups - which is definitiely a problem at check in and check out
The Breakfastr is great - I have never seen so many choices
that's the big plus
The room was ok (older) but clean
Here's the Big Minuses
1) There is absolutely NO PARKING
2) Getting your car infront of the hotel is like herding
a goat through an Elephant Stampede
3) There is construction everywhere in front of the hotel and no one to direct you
4) We found the hotel very very very very very very VERY hard to find ( and dont make a turn off the main street because the streets behind the hotel are so narrow - your bicycle cant fit)
5) The police in Seville are always closing off streets which makes this hotel even harder ro find
6) The nearest public parking is in Madrid ( no - the hotel staff said it was within a 1/2 mile but that must have been in feet off the ground because I drove around for 45 minutes and could not find public parking ) - much of the public parking in Seville is closed and closes early

In short - If you go for the breakfast - this is the hotel for you
- If you're related to Sir Edmund Hilary then this hotel is for you -
If you want the convenience of driving up parking your car and enjoying the stay in Seville - there are so many better choices.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank JerichoNewYork
Reviewed December 26, 2006

We stayed here as well booked by bancohotel, and I should say about this hotel its in a very quiet little street. Its sold as 4 stars and in sevillas historic center.
I think its not so very close to all the major points of interest but yes at a 30 or 45 min walk if you like to walk its ok. the room we booked was a double, and it was normal, 2 beds together, the linens and beds a little worn out but clean. wich is the most important thing. the bathroom clean it had a seal of cleanliness, and it had a nice shower. The front desk people very nice and friendly, we had brakfast at the hotel restaurant I dont think like for 12 Euros it was worth it, so look for other places there are many along the way to the points of interest. I have to say for the hotel the ammenities were nice they had shoe shine, shampoo, soap, shower cap and a small sewing kit. all in all i would give them a 3 star. not really impressed. If you would like to stay at the best hotel in sevilla stay at the Alfonso XIII hotel the best ever! just very expensive!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mzip
Reviewed September 14, 2006

Where can I start? We were only there for 3 days but it was really poor for a supposed 4 star...

Our Room looked ok but it was damp and smelt of stale cigarettes!

The hair dryer didnt work and it took 3 phone calls to reception and 2 days to get one that did...incredible

Reception staff were grumpy even when spoken to in Spanish!

Location is not great - it is well outside the old centre and adds considerably to your walking time.

I cant remeber anything else but nothing positive springs to mind - avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 21, 2006

This is NOT a 4 star hotel, it is NOT all that central and it is NOT a pleasant stay. Our room had no fridge, no minibar and the air conditioning was so poor we simply could not get our room cool enough to sleep comfortably... which you need when it's 39 degrees in the day. The obby is nicely marbled, very cool, but the rooms are exteemely basic. I stayed in a 2 star pace near the Cathedral last year which knocked the socks off this place. Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2006