My friend and I got this hotel through Last Minute's mystery hotel deal. The website looked great and we hoped the hotel was as good as it looked! We paid £75 each for Fri / Sat and Sun night. Bargain!
Getting there from the airport was so easy. Take the airport bus from right outside arrivals to the very last stop in the centre of Seville (prado) which costs 2.30 euro.
Stay at the the same bus stop where you have just jumped off and wait for the 34. It costs 1.20 euro to the hotel. Just ask the driver to let you off at the hotel.
The busses are not packed and are air conditioned. took no time at all. Don't waste your money on a taxi. That will cost you 21 euro.
The staff at the hotel were great and the place itself was amazing. It was so clean and fresh and felt luxurious. Our room was fab and the bathroom was all marble and really clean. Lots of towels. It was cleaned daily and bedding is changed every 2 days. Fresh towels every day.
We grabbed a bite to eat in the hotel cafe which was large, stylish and clean. don't be fooled by the uninspiring menu...when the food came it was great and the portions were generous. We just charged it to the room. Very simple.
The outdoor area was gorgeous. We chilled out by the pool under the palm trees and were served by the staff at our loungers. The pool was lovely and the four poster beds by the pool were pure luxury. Nice touch! Don't take towels down with you...they have them there...you just give the guy your room number and then chuck it in a wash basket when you're done.
Later we took the 34 into town which just takes a few minutes. The staff recommended some areas to go to for food which was nice of them. They don't mind taking the time to talk to you. The bus stop is just around the corner. Left out of the hotel and then right. You really don't need to take a taxi.
I'll write more about the good places for food and a a fab spa we went to (20 euro for 1.5 hours !!!) elswhere on the site where it is more relevant.
Definately book this place. We can't wait to go back with our partners next year. It was ideal for friends but also for couples too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the orange blossom capital This modern, light hotel, fully refurbished in 2005, emerges like an oasis in the orange blossom capital, amongst the gardens of the Heliopolis quarter and close to Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana. With 623 rooms, the Silken Al-Andalus Palace hotel stands out for its spacious facilities, irradiating light and freshness, inviting the guests to enjoy its more than 15,000 m2 of gardened areas, have a relaxing dip in its exclusive pool, rest in its spacious rooms with free Internet connection or enjoy a glass of wine in its piano bar with live music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Hotel
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Seville