We stayed here a couple of years ago and loved the hotel. We stayed this year in a club room with terrace and we got a great deal directly through the hotel.
Last time we had a ground floor club room but this time our offered room was a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool area. The benefit of this is that the terrace gets sunshine all day. But the downside is that there was no WiFi and the rooms are smaller. The ground floor club rooms with terrace have a larger lounge area with a couch, stereo and have great Wifi access. I asked at reception and was given a ground floor room so the staff were good.
One change was that last time when we booked a club room we had free access to the silken club lounge with snacks and drinks all day. Not the case anymore, this was an extra cost of €10 per person per day. We were a little disappointed with this change as other club rooms do have free access. The staff were a little grumpy when I tried to discuss this with them which I don't expect anywhere and certainly not at such a reputable chain of hotels. We took the extra cost as the breakfast is worth €10 alone. The club room is 'ok' but the food often is out for long periods of time and the drinks extend to water or orange juice. Most other hotels with similar facilities offer better. As a regular Silken customer this is the first time i have been unhappy at the service.
In saying all of that, the pool here is fantastic, the bed in the club room is huge and very comfy, the air conditioning is great (and needed), the breakfasts are great, the location for us with a car is ideal as you can park free on the streets. A taxi (available outside all day) costs €4 to the city center but we usually walked as the walk passes some great buildings.
Overall, great value and good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An oasis in the orange blossom capital This modern, light hotel, fully refurbished in 2005, emerges like an oasis in the orange blossom capital, amongst the gardens of the Heliopolis quarter and close to Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana. With 623 rooms, the Silken Al-Andalus Palace hotel stands out for its spacious facilities, irradiating light and freshness, inviting the guests to enjoy its more than 15,000 m2 of gardened areas, have a relaxing dip in its exclusive pool, rest in its spacious rooms with free Internet connection or enjoy a glass of wine in its piano bar with live music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Splitty, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Hotel
- Silken Al Andalus Palace Seville