1,713 results
All reviewsacross the rivertriana districtminute walkisabel iitapasgreat hotelcity centreon site parkinghotel is locatedpillow menufree wifiold townquiet areabuffet breakfastbars and restaurantsenjoyable stayairport bus
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had two nights in Seville and, based on the reviews from TA we decided to stay at Monte Triana.
Hotel was god, nothing fancy, but clean, with a very friendly and efficient staff. Plus the price we paid was really unbeatable.
Maybe the location is not the best, but it is not a long walk to city centre (around 20 minutes to the cathedral). First impression about the neighborhood was a bit in the unsafe side, at least at night. We even took the taxi in our way back for the first night (only 7 euro). But really, after seeing lots of people (locals and tourists) walking on the streets, tapas bars full of customers until 2am we didn’t feel unsafe at all. So we skipped the taxi for the second night.
In conclusion, a great hotel for a short stay in Seville, easy to access it by car, with underground parking very reasonable priced.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oanaToronto
Hoteles-Monte, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Monte Triana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Madame,

We truly appreciate your review.

Triana is in fact, a very popular and quite safe neighborhood and you will see many people, especially in summertime, walking on the streets until late in the evening. Tapas and evening walks along the river are always a popular plan for locals.

We hope to see you back soon at our Hotel Monte Triana, or at any of our Monte Hotels, located in Sevilla, Cádiz, Huelva or Málaga.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

the rooms are big, the staff is very kind and it's not in the middle of the touristic area, more local vibe around. they even gave us a bottle of champagne, since I told them in advance it was my honey moon, how sweat is that? strongly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank predileta

Dear Madame,

Thank you for sharing!

We appreciate your review and would also like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a memorable occasion.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I went to Seville June 26 with a friend of mine for just one night. We arrived early in the morning and our room was ready for us. The staff was very helpful and friendly and they spoke english! The hotel was clean and the rooms were very nice and spacious. Very close to hot spots in seville. It was 43 degrees during the day and 38 at 11pm. Needless to say it was very hot. Most stores close in the afternoon from 2-5. The restaurants didn't open until 8pm. From 8pm on, the streets are full of people! Great nightlife! The day we had to leave, our flight was at 9pm. We had to check out of our hotel room at 12. We tried to wander the streets but it was just too hot and with the stores closing from 2-5 there was nothing to do. We ended up going back to the hotel and sat in the lobby for a few hours. We then found out that they had two computers free for guests to use. This came in handy as it was too hot to walk around and there is no beach in Seville. The shopping was very reasonable actually it was very cheap! We tried to do the hop on hop off bus tour but we didn't last very long as it was too hot. Seville is beautiful and I am glad I went however I don't think I would return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sir / Madame,

Thank you so much for your review.

Seville, during the summer is indeed a warm city, just like Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, Athens or Rome just to name a few. This is mainly why some shops (especially local shops, not shopping centers) close from 2-5p.m. during this time and why there is so much atmosphere later on in the evening. The temperature starts dropping in the evening and it gets nicer and nicer outside… Nightlife.

We hope to see you back soon. With best regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights earlier this week. I am an Englishman living in the Czech Republic with extensive travel experience having stayed in the best and the worst hotels worldwide. Also, I lived in Spain for more than 5 years and have seen both sides, the good and bad of this city.
The Monte Triana was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. My reasons:

The location is perfect, literally a 10 minute walk and you are at the bullring (the previous comment from the LA girl who said its half an hour is ridiculous, she must have been walking backwards with her eyes closed!) and its at the quiet end of a busy street in the Triana area. Triana has some of the best bars and genuine Spanish nightlife in the city.

The price was fantastic, myself and my friend paid only 55 euros for a double room each per night, only just over twice the price of a cheap youth hostel in the city. (You would pay a minimum of 100 euros per night across the river in the centre where you wouldnt get much sleep due to the traffic and the tourists) For this price I got an almost newly renovated, immaculately clean room with a nice shower and lcd tv. It was such a nice feeling after 3 weeks of travelling Spain to come back to this room for a siesta knowing that I would get a peaceful sleep.

The staff were the nicest and friendliest in all of the hotels I stayed in on my trip. Really professional and were always willing to help, especially the girl who booked myself and my friend a taxi for our evening flight, she was so helpful.

Overall, for the price you will not get better in Sevilla. Any complaints on here are probably from people who want the Ritz for 50 euro per night or are the type of people who want everything the same as in the USA (starbucks and Mcdonalds) and are not willing to experience the local culture of a country. Within 200 metres of this hotel you will find some of the best and cheapest tapas in Sevilla and eat with locals.

Again, you will not find a better hotel for the price in the whole of Spain and I would recommend it to anybody. I return to Sevilla every 2 months and from now on I will always stay in this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard for the quietest nights sleep possible in a city!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank MatOstrava

Dear Sir,

We truly and deeply appreciate your review.

We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience and will be very happy to have you back on a regular basis as we read.

Our aim is to become the Hotel with the best service in Seville, along with the best value for our guests. Your review really encourages us on our ongoing effort to achieve this goal.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We just stayed at Monte Triana last week, we took a quick trip from Marbella to explore Sevilla. The hotel was very modern and clean and a great value for the money. The staff were extremely helpful and provided us with maps and directions to attractions. The only downside is its location. In good weather it is not too far of a walk, but when we went it was 104 degrees farenheight and it took 20 minutes just to get to the begining of the city center which was a difficult walk in such heat over a long bridge. We definately enjoyed our stay and the hotel was kind enough to allow us to cancel one of our days stay without a fee, it was just too hot for us and we decided to leave a day early to return to Marbella nd the beaches!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the hotels garden our quieter
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoteles-Monte, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Monte Triana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will make sure our Staff gets to know of your praise to their service.

Regarding twin beds and double beds, please note that you may always request a certain type of bed and we will always make our best effort to satisfy your needs or preferences.

We hope to see you back soon in our Hotel or at any of our sister Hotels in Sevilla, Cádiz, Málaga or Huelva,