“Wonderful Surprise!”

Arenero
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

There were two places recommended to us, by someone in the 'know'... and this was #1
So for our last night, after 3 weeks in Spain, and many places, of course, we went with this good advice. It was a Tuesday evening, and we arrived at Arenero.... It is a contemporary restaurant, which is a contrast to most others. Many travelers are looking for traditional settings, and so Arenero gets overlooked, because it has a modern, contemporary look. But do not hesitate!! The waiter gave us the menu, and I thought he would know better than us, so I asked him what were his favourites. He brought us the octopus tapa, and we loved it. We took a picture to show our son, who is a chef in Vancouver, and loves octopus... after this success we asked him to bring another favourite, and it was a beautiful sardine tapa (sardina Marinada) another photo was in order... ok, we are on a roll, third tapa, swordfish, also the stuff of pictures. It came with chop sticks + a comment from a passerby,"oh look, sushi" we snickered. We are getting full now, but we can't stop. Tataki de presa iberica con guacamole... sorry guys, now I am taking pictures of the menu for my son, and us... we can't eat another bite, but the waiter is saying don't go until you try oxtail, I am not seeing that on the menu...but thankfully, we eat that too! Would we like to see dessert menu; como no??? I rest my case.
I am back in Vancouver, and this menu will be showing up!!
Great food, friendly (and proud) service.... Perfect finish to wonderful trip.....Well done.

There are newer reviews for Arenero

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wonderful tapas, very tasteful. Modern style tapa, interior as well. Good service too. The best restaurant during our trip through Andalucia. We want to go back! When you are in Seville, go there.

1  Thank Travellover L
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Arenero. Modern tapas style food. The restaurant is modern and tastefully decorated. It also had great air conditioning which was a welcome relief from the heat. Staff were efficient and recommended some good options.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had just purchased some antique tiles and asked the owner for recommendations on where to eat. He walked out, pointed at Arenero as having the best tapas in Sevilla. He was right! It was a great tapas bar with very innovative dishes and very personal warm service. It was a very enjoyable experience as we awaited each new dish, served with some nice white wine selections made by our waiter.

- The tuna and blue fin dishes were excellent, though the star of the course was the octopus with potato salad & herb aioli

2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

There are many places to get traditional tapas and are set-up to deal and serve many tourist. Arenero is certainly not one of those one in a million places that surrounds it. By far, it combines innovative cuisine with masterful selection of flavors to make it one of the best restaurants in Sevilla. We have tried pretty much every mid to high end restaurant and keep coming back to Arenero a couple of times per week. My family is here from the USA for my work (nearly 3 years). Everyone we meet that ask us for good restaurants in Sevilla, Arenero is always the first.

2  Thank Frumunda