“Great room, Great staff”

Hostel One Sevilla Centro
Ranked #18 of 167 Specialty Lodging in Seville
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I arrived in Sevilla. Hostel one exceeded my expectations. The staff was incredibly professional, friendly and helpful. The hostel is recently renovated with new furniture, and daily cleaning staff. The common areas are clean and facilitate socializing (or not, it's up to you). When I got sick with food poisoning at the end of my stay, I was able to add another night to recover with no problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Hostel One surpassed all my expectations! We arrived at the apartment at 11pm and were buzzed in by the representative (who were waiting having been notified that we were arriving late).

We were warmly greeted, shown around and organized with towels, maps & breakfast. We felt very welcome & it felt really lovely.

You can't ask for a better location. Just a side street from the main hub of the city, near sites, the river, restaurants, bars, shopping (I.e. it is walking distance to everything) & safe. From my room I could also watch everything go by from the balcony. It was great.

To top it off all of the staff were great, especially Ariel. He spent a moment to help us decide the order of sight seeing, saving us time which meant we saw a lot more in Sevilla than otherwise possible. I think this had a lot to do with why I now want to come back.

Definitely stay here if I visit Sevilla again.

Natalia

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We experienced some issues with the hostel. The staff were not terribly professional. We could smell weed. There was confusion when we paid and the staff were not very understanding or explanatory. Although, the rooms were pretty clean and the bathroom was a good size.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ASA291
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My sister and I stayed there for 1 week. We had the best time with the other travelers and staff because of the activities they provide. The staff was amazing and so helpful. The rooms were nice too, good heat during the winter! I will be back to this hostel when I return to Spain!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Friendly atmosphere, friendly staff, beds were clean, bathroom was pretty clean as well. Just some cracks and water stains in the ceiling but it was fine. Could use more outlets in the rooms. My friends had to keep all of their electronics on my bed since I had two right by my face haha

Rented four beds in a four suite and it was cheaper than many three person hotels we found last minute. Great location as well. Everything was relatively close.

Free sangria at 10pm on Saturday nights......very nice little service. No one really partook in the festivities but since we love sangria, we just had to.

Lots of young people in and out, as well as older couples with kids. I really liked the place and thought it was one of the better hostels that we have stayed in during our travels thus far. Good job guys!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the center area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hostel is all right if you would like a clean place to stay in a decent location. Besides from that, its nothing special. I found the staff to be very unfriendly and somewhat rude. So I don't really like the place just because of the staff. They also played this obnoxious bird chirping music constantly! It was very annoying!

The beds were clean (no bed bugs) and the bathrooms were pretty clean. Its in a decent location. Again, I just really don't like this place because of the rude staff!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Pro's: location. It was about a 15 min walk to the main sq. Rooms have a fresh scent of orange trees if your balcony faces the main sq.
Con's: Noisy at night. The piaza gets really noisy at night. I found it hard to sleep at night.
The bathrooms were horrible. My toilet didn't work. The showers were in really bad condition. Thank heavens we didn't spend too much $$ on this place or time!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends