“Great evening - made the whole stay awesome!”

Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour
Ranked #5 of 36 Food & Drink in Seville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This is the tapas tour you want to take if you don't want to feel like you are on a tour. I have been living in Sevilla for 23 years and have been running an internationally recognised food & wine website for 10 years. I am also a certified Sherry Educator. My tapas tours grew organically via the site, and I have been happily taking people out on “tapeos” for about 7 years. So join me to experience some of Sevilla’s best bars and enjoy an excellent selection of tapas & wines while learning about the art of bar-hopping, tapas etiquette, and the origins and history of tapas. Lunchtime or evening tapas tours last about 3.5 hours. Click on the website link to see other options available such as Market & Tapas, Flamenco & Tapas, Sherry & Tapas... it's all about the tapas!
Brighton, UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great evening - made the whole stay awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I emailed Shawn before we arrived and we met the second night of our stay! However, Shawn advised us where to eat the first night which I thought was fab as you an easily go wrong on first nights!
When we met the following evening we had foiled one of Shawn's evening plans as we had been on her blog and already tried one of her recommendations for lunch (Vineria San Telmo - lovely!) Shawn took it in her stride and just called another place for later that evening. Also we found out Shawn was officially on holidays but had decided to do our tour anyway!!!

We went to 4 places enjoyed amazing Tapas and amazing wine and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
However, on top of the amazing evening Shawn gave us so much good information and so many recommendations for the rest of our week that it truly made our stay so much more enjoyable - despite most of Sevilla being on holidays! El Ajibe was our most favourite restaurant and Shawn introduced us to Ribera red wine which we both preferred to the Riojas.

We would recommend the Tapas tour most highly - thank you Shawn and sorry it's taken me so long to write this! Also Shawn's Tapas blog was great.

Visited August 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hola and thank you for this lovely review. Because my tours are small and personal it's not a problem to "switch gears" part-way through if I find out someone has been to somewhere I'd planned on going, or if someone says they've always wanted to try such-and-such... that is the bonus of not having a set-in-stone tapas tour. I love having that flexibility and it's great that it worked out well for you.

Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“What a night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked our tour with Shawn months in advance and the communication via email prior to our arrival was fantastic. We never had to wait long to receive a response. Our tour was scheduled for our first night in Seville however during the afternoon both my wife and I were not well. We had no way of contacting Shawn to see if we could reschedule so I met Shawn in our hotel lobby as arranged. I think she took pity on my sad face and immediately suggested that we join her tour the next night. I really appreciated this and Shawn even said it would work out cheaper for us as now there would be a group of 4. This was a very generous gesture but as we were to find out, this is Shawn.
Now to the tour. We were warned not to eat too much beforehand and this was good advice. The tapas that we were introduced to at 3 different bars was amazing. We enjoyed great food, drink and conversation. It was like a night out with friends.
I found this tour to be great value but above all great fun.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dave L
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Hola David! Thank you for your very kind words. I'm just glad that you were both feeling well enough the next day to join in with the others, and yes, it really was a fun night out.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent can't recommend highly enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I cannot emphasise how delighted I am we decided to do this Tapas Tour- Shawn was an excellent guide and fantastic company for the afternoon, her food and Tapas knowledge really is second to none. We visited 3 different Tapa's Bars on the Tour and ate foods we would never have imagined ordering, all of which were fantastic. She also provided us with invaluable restaurant and dish recommendations for the rest of our trip. Shawn is nicknamed the Tapas Queen for a reason - if you do one thing on your trip to Seville make sure it's this tour

Visited July 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks so much! And sorry for my delay in replying but I was on holiday with limited internet access. Yes, that was a great afternoon and it's always fun to go out with such adventurous eaters. Very glad to hear that you also found the "info pack" useful. Hope you make it back to Sevilla again sometime.
Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really enjoyed the tapas and flamenco tour. I enjoyed the company, food, wine and show.

I recommend this tour to anyone and in particular to people short on time so you can make the most of your time while in this beautiful city. If you have more time you could organise a similar experience for yourself from tripadvisor, staff at hotels and guide books etc.

Visited April 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi! It was a lovely night out with you and your mother - thanks so much for leaving this review.
“Foodie Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were in Seville for a long weekend and arranged a private Tapa tour for the four of us with Shawn for our first evening. It was fantastic. Shawn took us to a number of bars/restaurants where we ate a wide selection of tapasTapa. Shawn's knowledge of Seville, it's culture and of course the amazing cuisine set us up for what was one of the best trips we have done. She kindly gave us some recommendations for other tapas bars to try, of which we visited quite a few over the weekend and were not disappointed. The tour was fun. Food and wine delicious. Shawn is so very nice and it felt like we had known her for a very long time.

Visited April 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
As you know, culture and cuisine cannot (or shouldn't!) be separated. Enjoying the food of a specific region is truly a cultural experience. Very glad you enjoyed our evening out and also found my recommendations useful. And thanks so much for taking the time to write this.