“Excellent foodie experience!”

Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour
Ranked #5 of 35 Food & Drink in Seville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This is the tapas tour you want to take if you don't want to feel like you are on a tour. I have been living in Sevilla for 23 years and have been running an internationally recognised food & wine website for 10 years. I am also a certified Sherry Educator. My tapas tours grew organically via the site, and I have been happily taking people out on “tapeos” for about 7 years. So join me to experience some of Sevilla’s best bars and enjoy an excellent selection of tapas & wines while learning about the art of bar-hopping, tapas etiquette, and the origins and history of tapas. Lunchtime or evening tapas tours last about 3.5 hours. Click on the website link to see other options available such as Market & Tapas, Flamenco & Tapas, Sherry & Tapas... it's all about the tapas!
UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Excellent foodie experience!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked this tour in advance for our first night in Sevilla. What a great decision.
We booked from England via the Internet http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/tapas-tours/
The booking process was very easy and Shawn (the Queen of Tapas) communicated very well. After booking she even checked with us whether we were prepared to share the evening with another couple or whether we referred to be on our own. Having advised we did not mind being joined by one other couple we were joined by Chris and Liz.

We had opted for the evening tour which is from 20.00 to 23.00. Shawn came and met us at our hotel and discussed a proposed itinery for the evening. We had an amazing night out visiting 3 very different tapas bars 2 traditional ones and 1 modern one. We sampled a wide variety of outstanding food and wine and additionally Shawn gave us a list of her recommended tapas bars and a guide to ordering food, both of which we put to excellent use during the rest of our stay.

It was a wonderful night out and highly recommended. Well worth booking for your first night in Sevilla as you will get a lot of invaluable food info for the rest of your stay.

Visited July 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for the great write up and recommendation! I think the "foursome" was meant to be when it turned out you were also all staying at the same hotel. And I hear you guys all met up again later on too. It really is best to take the tour when you arrive in Sevilla - really glad to hear it worked out so well for you during the rest of your stay.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“AMAZING! `”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This food tour was amazing. It was just my mom, me and Shawn. Shawn was so friendly and we had great conversation. She took us to some really amazing places and all of the food was delicious.It was truly a great experience and we are very grateful that we had the opportunity to meet her. She provided a list of restaurants geared toward our food preferences at the end of the evening and they were terrific as well.

Visited July 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hola chica! Great to hear from you and thank you so much for leaving this very nice review. Though you forgot to mention the complementary Tío Pepe pen! ;-) I had a terrific time too and it was a lot of fun going out with you and your mom. xx
Peterhead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“"Shawn's" gastronomic tapas tour”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Shawn had a challenge when my husband booked us up for the Seville tapas tour. By my own admission I am a fussy eater but Shawn converted me & I was pleased she did. Our first two tapas bars were more traditional & the food was excellent I had my first taste of jamon, pork cheeks & salted cod & they were amazing. Our third tapas bar was a more modern one & once again the food was excellent as was the wine that Shawn recommended.
Shawn gave us a list of recommended tapas bars along with addresses & tips for ordering. So we ventured out on our second day in Seville we went to Bodeguita Romero for lunch which we would never have found on our own & once again the food was excellent. In the evening we went to La Azotea another tapas bar on Shawns list. When we arrived it was very very busy & we did hesitate about going in but Shawn had said to us not to be put off by this & boy are we glad we went. We stood at the bar as Shawn had told us as they don't serve tapas at the tables the atmosphere was amazing & the food even better. We would both like to thank Shawn for a wonderful evening & her company. We would definitely recommend this tour & to go on your first night if possible as the recommendations she gave us for other tapas bars was very helpful as we would never have found them on our own. Thanks again Jacqueline & Mike

2 Thank mbruce28
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Two main objectives for me are to take people to places they probably wouldn't have found on their own, and then get them to try food they probably wouldn't have ordered. So it's a pleasure to read that you went on being adventurous during the rest of your visit. I loved our night out (the birthday cava was a nice way to start!) and really appreciate this lovely review. Thanks guys!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Total Foodie Experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Shawn really is Queen of Tapas in Seville. My husband and I are still thanking our lucky stars for signing up for the market tour. Seville was our first city that kick started our 3 week backpacking trip throughout Spain and we thought a market tour would be bit more fun than one of those ordinary city tours. Shawn taught us all the regional specialties, how to order at restaurants, and most importantly--how to avoid looking and acting like a total tourist. Her tips have helped us so much throughout our trip and we really cannot thank her enough.

Visited June 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hola! It really was great going out with such fearless foodies, and also felt very special to be a part of your Spanish honeymoon. Thanks so much for the fab review and I'm really glad to hear my tips helped you out during the rest of your trip.
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous Tapas Tour”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Thanks Shawn for the enjoyable night we had with you and another couple visiting fabulous tapas bars! With so many tapas bars in Sevilla it was great to visit genuine bars in the charming city, and learn about local food and wines. Shawn also made suggestions for the rest of our stay in Sevilla, and for other venues on our holiday in Spain. A fun night, great company, tasty food and lovely wines!

Visited June 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi B, and thank you for this nice review. Yes, that was a lovely evening out with Paul and Linda, great how everyone hit it off. Also great to hear that you loved the other places I suggested.