“Reina de las tapas!”

Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour
Ranked #5 of 36 Food & Drink in Seville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This is the tapas tour you want to take if you don't want to feel like you are on a tour. I have been living in Sevilla for 23 years and have been running an internationally recognised food & wine website for 10 years. I am also a certified Sherry Educator. My tapas tours grew organically via the site, and I have been happily taking people out on “tapeos” for about 7 years. So join me to experience some of Sevilla’s best bars and enjoy an excellent selection of tapas & wines while learning about the art of bar-hopping, tapas etiquette, and the origins and history of tapas. Lunchtime or evening tapas tours last about 3.5 hours. Click on the website link to see other options available such as Market & Tapas, Flamenco & Tapas, Sherry & Tapas... it's all about the tapas!
“Reina de las tapas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Shawn is definitely the queen of tapas! She was a lovely and entertaining host on 24 April. She took us to some brilliant places that were very much off the beaten track where we ate and drank superb tapas and Spanish wines (and she pointed out some beautiful sights along the way). Altogether it was a brilliant evening and thank you to Shawn, Angela, Dick, John and Liz for letting me crash their tour when I'd missed mine and being such wonderful company!

Visited April 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I was so happy you got in touch after missing your tour the previous day! Knew it had to be a mix up in the dates and so having you race over to meet us was great and it turned out to be a wonderful evening. I do love that "off the beaten track" tour. Thanks very much for taking the time to write this lovely review.

Swindon
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Wow, wow, wow! Great experience, invaluable local knowledge.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We were unsure just what to expect having booked over the Internet with only the trip adviser reviews to guide us, but we had suck a fabulous time. There were only the two of us, the more who go the cheaper it is up to 6/7 people. Shawn took us to 3 tapas bars and we had the most enjoyable evening. Shawn knew her way round the best places and gave us lots of advice on other bars to visit, which to avoid, and the best 3 tapas in each one. We asked questions about Seville and Shawn gave us loads of advice about 'must see places' as well as the tapas. She left us with a very useful fact sheet which she added to as we asked questions. It felt just like an evening out with a friend. Thank you Shawn for a great evening!

Visited April 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks Sue - it was a great evening out for me too! With a small and personalised tapas tour like this it always works both ways. Your enthusiasm and interest in everything helped create such a fun and memorable experience. As I often say, I don't make all this happen by myself!
Hoylake, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We did a Tapas Tour with Shawn last week - it was fantastic. Shawn is a fun and knowledgeable guide and it was an absolute pleasure to spend an evening with her. We visited three quite different tapas bars and enjoyed every single mouthful we ate. Doing the tour with Shawn gave us the confidence to go tapaoing every night of our stay. Not only that, but we learned so much about Seville and Shawn even e mailed us suggestions of places and tapas bars to visit in the next Spanish city we were visiting - information we put to very good use! Thank you Shawn and Peter.

Visited April 2013
Thank you Hilary - it was an absolute pleasure spending the evening with you and your husband as well. Also loved that you guys "clicked" immediately with the other couple who joined us. I reckon the common bond is always great food and drink and chat. What else do you need for a wonderful time?
Victoria, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fantastic time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Shawn was an amazing guide to our afternoon adventure - loved the food, conversation and the drinks. All during the fabulous Semana Santa week! Highly recommend the Tapas Tour!

Visited March 2013
Shawn H, Owner at Azahar Sevilla Tapas Tour, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Semana Santa is always a bit tricky with the crowds and processions, which is why the lunchtime tour was a good idea. Yep, great food, conversation and drinks are what it's all about. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!
Milan, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“An amazing guide ( or host to Seville)?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Found by pure chance on internet , Shawn and her tour was my best choice of what to do in Seville . In fact Shawn offers a lot more than a tour : she is a perfect host to Seville,great company and knowledagble, she will offer true insights in good food around town . The tips she gave me went beyond the pleasant tour night together and allowed me to discover a lot of true gems of good excellent food in Seville, which I would never have found on my own . A great thanks to her !

Visited April 2013
And many thanks to you for this very nice review! It was great that you got to join in with the others and I'm glad you found the experience and the tips so helpful.