“Highly recommended for anyone looking to get a thorough overview of Seville.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toursevilla

Toursevilla
Ranked #30 of 181 Tours in Seville
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Sevilla with Marta, a licensed tour guide. Guided tours to the main monuments of this wonderful city. Specialized in cultural tours. BA (Hons) in History (University of Seville)
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended for anyone looking to get a thorough overview of Seville.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We were delighted to have Marta for a three hour tour of Seville. We visited the Alcazar, the Cathedral and Santa Cruz. She is highly conversant about the history of the city, and very enthusiastic about explaining any and all details that we asked for. Both my husband and myself are history buffs, and we were impressed with the depth of her knowledge about the city that she so clearly loves. She is friendly and a pleasure to work with, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to get a thorough overview of Seville.

Springfield, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Marta's level of enthusiasm and historical knowledge was disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

My wife, 22 year old daughter, and I were in Seville for 2 nights and sought a guided walking tour on a Sunday, after arriving by the AVE train from Madrid on a Saturday. Since the Cathedral is not open on Sunday morning, we sought a guided tour on Sunday afternoon that included the Alcazar and the Cathedral (the two main attractions). Unlike the other guides in Seville, Marty was able to easily accommodate our request for a tour beginning at 2:30PM for our party of three. Unfortunately, Marty lacked any level of enthusiasm for our tour. Maybe we just caught her on a bad day since she had a slight cold. Her descriptions of the attractions were very basic and in a couple of cases were historically inaccurate or incomplete. I was surprised since she attended college in Seville and majored in history. At the end of the tour I thought I could have had a better tour by simply walking around with my Rick Steve's guidebook. Bottomline...nice enough person but not for anyone seriously interested in the local history.

3 Thank Mike919
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't delay / BOOK MARTA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I have just had a most wonderful morning around Seville with Marta. She is incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and funny! She has flawless English and is a natural communicator. She brought Seville alive for us. First rate.

2 Thank Tim E
“A great guide, highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

On our recent trip to Seville we took a walking tour with Marta. We had an absolutely wonderful time. She is knowledgable and passionate about her city. Highly recommended

Atlanta, Georgia
“a wonderful day exploring Seville with a local historian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We originally booked Martha for a morning to tour the highlights of Seville, but after one hour of visit, we decided we really wanted to spend the entire day with her and asked her if she would extend for the afternoon. Not only is she very knowledgeable about Seville and its monuments, but she clearly communicates her love of the city. Both her English and French are impecable. She was very easy and flexible to work with and we will certainly book her again when we go back to Seville.

Visited December 2011