Las Casas de la Juderia
  • Breakfast included
$442
  • Pool
3,001 results
All reviewspiano barunderground tunnelunique hotelrooftop poolrabbit warrendifferent buildingsold jewish quarterlas casaslovely courtyardsjacuzzi bathtapasbreakfast roomsitting roompublic areasloved this hotelmain buildingreception area
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We booked in this hotel on recommendation from a friend, but I think the variability of reviews on this site reflects the variability of rooms and service available.
Our room was at the far extremity of the hotel, not only in a different building but on a different street. The uniqueness of the layout of this hotel could have been a plus, but the oddness of the underground labyrinth you have to negotiate to get to your room is a real negative.
The room was typically Andalusian, that is dark and cosy to keep out the burning summer sum. However the decoration was tired and the gap under the outside bathroom door, which led to a tiny patio (1m square?) allowed entrance to a lizard who was our companion on the final night.
Perhaps the rooms nearer reception are better; but don't pay 19 Euros each for breakfast, have it in one of the cafes across the street - 14 Euros for 2 people.
Final downside, in the middle of checking out the rather surly staff decided to check out a German man at the same time, giving the impression that they were just processing the paperwork, rather than servicing clients.
More attention to good service, and a bit of an overhaul, and this could be somewhere special.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCScotland
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is a tough one for me to review. There were things I loved and things about which I was disappointed. The things I loved: the staff. They were beyond helpful. They all were cheerful and went the extra mile for any request we gave them. They location is perfect. I did not see another comparable Hotel nearby. If you want to walk to everything, this is the place to be. I loved the piano bar and the piano player was excellent. I enjoyed the free wifi in the piano bar. It would be nice to be able to use a computer in our room, but not that big of a deal. The place has charm galore. The courtyard in all of the buildings were all different and charming. We sat in ours and enjoyed reading. We were lucky that we had a very quiet couryard. What didn't I like? Well we were in room 223 and it was in need of refurbishment. The carpets were stained and old. My husband thought it strange that he had tracked sand into the bed, only to see in the morning that it was termite droppings. Where there are termites there are usually ants, and we had them in the bath room. We were in a Junior suite. The downstairs furniture had seen better days. It was also very dark. We could hardly read in the dim light. The stairs were unbelievably steep. We had to crawl up and down them. So my review is mixed. If I were in a different room maybe I would feel differently. I did not mind the crazy maze of underground passages that we went through to get to our room. I felt it was a adventure. So a mixed review is what I am giving this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GMBY
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This place is a MUST. After staying at Las Casas de la Juderia, absolutely nothing compares. Every step to or from my room was a lovely, scenic experience. Breakfast buffet was lavish and delicious. I had the pleasure of meeting the manager, Francesco Chacon, who is bright, warm and graciously accomodating. Obviously does a fabulous job of managing this classy, romantic gem of history turned into a hotel. Rooms were uniquely different, artfully furnished and I slept great every night because it’s so peaceful. The location was ideal for us. There’s simply nothing like it.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 13, 2010

While the room was pretty basic, the whole ambience of this hotel - the gardens, the architecture - makes it very special. From the street, there is just a small entryway, a small reception area but it opens onto a complex maze of guest rooms. After checking in, you are taken to your room....after that, you are on your own to remember how you got there but it is even interesting to get lost. Staff was very helpful, breakfast was quite extensive. The location is great for exploring the Barrio de Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I chose this hotel because of it's location...right in the heart of "old town" Seville, close to so many of our siteseeing destinations. Once there I fell in love with the quirky, old world, easy elegance of the place. The beds were comfortable, the room very clean. There were blooming plants everywhere and plenty of cozy places to sit and enjoy a quiet moment, both inside and out. Charming beyond words...romantic even.
the only downside (albeit rather small and surmountable) is that you can't easily drive directly to the hotel if you are arriving by car as we were. However there is a parking garage 1 block away which makes it easy to park in this busy city. If you ask the parking lot attendant to call the hotel they will send a bellman to whisk your lugage off to your room. Perfect! And the walk to the hotel will give you an opportunity to pass several restaurants and wine bars for future reference. We were able to walk to most of our site seeing destinations, enjoying every step as we wandered winding streets. Just don't make the mistake of trying to drive in the old town Barrio!!!! Very narrow winding streets. Meanwhile, enjoy your stay! I can't wait to return to Seville and Las Casas.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family