Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Everything you've read is true, the history and charm, the grounds, pool, food and service are all top quality. The location is perfect, just steps away from everything the city has to offer. I've even heard that this is the place to stay for Spanish royalty when they're in town. When you've seen all there is to see in the city, this is the perfect place to indulge yourself afterwards since it's a destination all its own. Very highly recommend this palace of a place for your next stay in Seville.

Room Tip: If they're available, get one of the corner suites on the top floor. Apart from being higher up...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, General Manager at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Alex V.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review in Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and that you describe that it is "a destination all its own".
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome back in the near future
Carlo Suffredini

Write a ReviewReviews (2,340)

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Seville is a stunning place, but it is very hot in the summer. We loved hanging out at the pool and cooling off after site seeing during the day. Our Jr Suite, which was necessary to accommodate our 2 children in the same room with us, was quite lovely and the powerful AC was quite welcome.

We chose to eat breakfast at Starbucks across the street, as our food experience at the pool was mediocre and certainly did not warrant the high prices charged.

This is truly a luxurious, palatial hotel, and you get what you pay for. Bring a lot of euros!

1  Thank BETH V

Dear BETH V,

I would like to thank you for your review posted in Tripadvisor. We are pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay and that you have a pleasant time at our outdoor pool, which is the right place to relax. I am looking forward to welcome back to the Alfonso XIII a Luxury Collection hotel.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have just spent three nights in the Alfonso XIII Hotel. I was with my 84 year old mother and 15 year old daughter. The hotel is in a great location and it is easy to get to many of the wonderful sites from the hotel.

The hotel is lovely and the staff are friendly. My mothers double room was very small but she was happy. My daughter and I were upgraded and were very happy with the size and comfort of the room. There is also free wifi which is crucial for a teenager.

The swimming pool area is very nice. Not crowded and the staff very attentive. The poolside food is expensive at about 20 euros for a sandwich but we did expect that. We also ate in the tapas bar which again was pricey but very good and just what you need for the smaller appetite.

One negative comment is that the room (103) was very noisy. In the evening I could hear baths being run, people talking and then early in the morning the trams sounded like they were in the room. I could hear all this through my ear plugs!

The front desk gave us wrong information about the opening times of the Cathedral and I was very very disappointed with the Concierge's recommendation of a tapas bar in Santa Cruz. The food was not good. Normally I would rely on Trip Advisor. I will next time. None of us could work out why you would recommend the restaurant we were in. We decided it must be owned by a relative.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you cannot hear the tram.
2  Thank LucindaS

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review about your last stay experience.
I happy to read that you had good service and great food at your restaurants and bar, although I took note of your constructive suggestions about the Concierge outside reccomandation as well abou the noise you were subejct to which I do apologize .
I hope you will have an opportunity to come back in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Wow, this is where the Kings & Queens stay, situated by the Cathedral in the middle of Seville and near the 'Old Town' ! I was treated to staying in a suite, which was amazing and an unforgettable experience. Large Chandeliers in the bedroom, a fantastic bathroom and a large comfortable bed, what else could you ask for !
The splendid Old Spanish architecture was a delight, with the public rooms and bedrooms designed around an atrium, where there was a restaurant in the courtyard in which you had breakfast. An experience not to be missed !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Merylevans,

I would like to thank you for your review in Tripadvisor. It is with great pleasure to read that you had a a pleasant stay at the Hotel Alfonso XIII . I am looking forward to welcome back soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from staying at the Alfonso and our only complaint is that we didn't schedule a longer stay! I am honestly completely baffled by any negative reviews on this site for this hotel. We have stayed in luxury 5 star hotels many times and this stood out as one of the most amazing experiences we have ever had. The staff...in particular the Genral Manager Carlo Suffredini...went above and beyond in their attempt to make every moment wonderful and perfect. The rooms....the lobby....the grounds...the pool...everything was and IS so magical and gorgeous...it felt like a privilege to be able to stay. We cannot wait until the next time we return and I hope that everyone who is considering staying at this unbelievable hotel will not think twice and have an unforgettable and truly beautiful time in Sevilla.

Room Tip: The corner executive suite #145 has a wrap around terrace with the ability to walk out from the bedr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kristoffer C

Dear Kristoffer C.

I would like to thnak you so much for your review and I am honored to read that you had a wonderful stay. I will be looking forward to welcome back in the near future.
All the best and warm regards
Hotel Alfonso XIII

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel was beautiful, in a great central location within walking distance to move places we wanted to go. Our room was fashionably decorated with good closet space and a lovely bathroom. The rooms darkens perfectly for siesta. Breakfast is wonderful with great ambiance. The rooms were a little load if others were in the hall. Service wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mindy K
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, General Manager at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for selectingour property for your stay in Sevilla. I am delighted to read that the Service was "Wonderful"! Comments like yours do motivate our associates efforts and surely will be noticed. Thank you again and look forward to welcome back in the near future

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wow - talk about exceeding our expectations - this is not a hotel that rides on its laurels. This is an incredibly elegant hotel - such incredible attention to detail. We have stayed in a lot of "fancy" hotels (and many not so fancy ones...) but this truly stands out. And what is best about it how friendly the staff is - some very elegant places would be "snobby" - not the case here.
And the rooms are stunning. Just go, don't think about the cost, just go....

Room Tip: Cannot imagine that any room here is bad....We had a fantastic situation which was adjacent rooms (f...
1  Thank harlemfamily
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, General Manager at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor,

I would like to thank you very much for expressing your opinion! We are very glad to hear that our Luxury Collection core values, like: experience, excellence and indigenous were met.
Your positive comments encourage our team to go further and work harder, always strive to meet and exceed our guests´ expectations. We will forward your comments to the different departments, so that they are also informed about our achievement. It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel and if you ever feel like coming back to Sevilla, we would be honored to welcome you in our hotel once again.

Carlo Suffredini General Manager