2,649 results
All reviews beautiful hotel american bar san fernando tile work concierge desk grand deluxe room pool area is terrace bar perfect location breakfast buffet is rooms are large central courtyard wonderful city real alcazar tapas old city starwood
Reviewed June 25, 2014

You feel like a film star of the 30s in this glam hotel, which has catered to many greats of stage and screen I am sure. The pool seems straight out of a LA film set, complete with lounging rich Americans. My room overlooked the lovely courtyard, where you can have breakfast. When I arrived the bath curtain in the jazzy Moorish-themed tiled bathroom was not functioning properly so they sent up a nice young man to fix it. I was given some snacks and an excellent bottle of wine by management for the inconvenience. Now that is classy. Beautiful terraces and gardens make you feel you're in some gorgeous island resort. Free internet, is that way too cool? Nice bar for late-night cocktails. Oh yes, bring money.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, General Manager at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments posted in Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that we have met your expectations and look forward to welcome back in the near future.
Sincerely

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel. My first visit to Seville, which in itself is fabulous but made all the more wonderful by this glorious hotel where the service is second to none. Of course the location is perfect but what made this place so lovely was the service from the moment we arrived, upgraded for our anniversary, a bottle of fizz in our room and rose petals across the bed. It's those little details that make you want to book extra nights here which is exact what we did :-). The pool is lovely and the Lebanese restaurant is a must, beautiful food in a lovely tranquil setting by the pool. Can't recommend this hotel highly enough, we just loved it. Thank you to the staff for giving us a wonderful anniversary break.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for expressing your opinion! We are very glad to hear that our Luxury Collection core values, like: experience, excellence and indigenous were met.

Your positive comments encourage our team to go further and work harder, always strive to meet and exceed our guests´ expectations. In particular to read about the Lebanese Restaurant " Taifas " We will forward your comments to the different departments, so that they are also informed about our achievement. It was a pleasure to have you at our hotel and if you ever feel like coming back to Sevilla, we would be honored to welcome you in our hotel once again.

Carlo Suffredini General Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited for a long weekend recently and totally enjoyed the stay. The hotel is a real gem, classy and full of quality. The reception is efficient and professional, the rooms are stylish big and comfortable (even the basic level). Unlike other reviews we found the rooms quiet and relaxing. The main restaurant in huge hotel central square is outdoors, the food and service were very good.
Our only criticism is regarding speed of attention and service in the lobby - lounge areas. You are left sitting a long time before the staff attend and even longer for the drinks to arrive. Same can be said of the very modern alternative restaurant "Ena" - it's good be needs attention on the service levels.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive review. I am delighted to read that we have met your expectations. Look forward to seeing you soon back at the Alfonso XIII.
Siincerely

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in June when we visited Seville. The hotel was spectacular and is set in the heart of Seville, walking distance to the cathedral. the breakfast was served in lovely opulent surroundings and was nice. We had a private barbecue by the pool which was nice and well organised. The service was good and efficient. The room we stayed in was a king room and was spacious and chic. In my opinion this is the best hotel in Seville.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fam-Le-Travel
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, General Manager at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your comments posted in Tripadvisor; I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Alfonso XIII a Luxury Collection hotel.
Look forward to welcome back in the near future
Sincerely

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the location is perfect. I was hoping this would be the highlight of our 3 weeks in Spain. But here is what I experienced:
1. Noise: Our 3rd floor deluxe room was on the same side of the hotel as Ena. One night the noise from the soccer celebration overtook our room. Another night, the band may as well have playing right in our room.
2. There was much staff confusion about when the courtyard restaurant was open for dining, and which type of dining was available. Same problem with Ena. It seemed to me that the Hotel Manager cared more about setting exact hours of operation than he cared about accommodating and servicing guests. By way of example:
a. Ena: We walked up the outside stairway from the street at about 3pm and into Ena ( a very casual outdoor bar and dining area with no visible host or hostess) . Several of the tables were occupied by folks having drinks. We sat at an empty table and ordered wine. The male Ena manager approached us and told us we could sit at the table as it was "reserved". Of course, there was no "reserved" sign on the table and we pointed this out. There were many empty tables.The manager than told us that Ena was only open to "certain guests of the hotel who had been selected by the hotel marketing department". Why open your both your street-side entrance and the entrance from the from the hotel itself if Ena is open only to "special guests of the hotel"? (At this point I totally wrote off Hotel Seville.) And no, Hotel Alfonso XIII, I did not 'misunderstand' what your Ena manager said to me, and this was not a fault of his English; he spoke English well. Yes, we were guests of the hotel; why weren't we 'special' enough to be allowed to have drinks at a table at Ena? We asked how to make a reservation, as we were staying for 4 nights. Guess what.... we would have to inquire at the hotel reception desk. We are professionals in our 60s and were quiet, and neatly and appropriately attired. And, no guest ever showed up to sit at the alleged "reserved" table. We checked back an hour later and no one was seated at the table.
b. Courtyard: Our first evening we were tired from our drive to Seville and went to the courtyard to have an early meal rather than venture out to an off-site restaurant. We sat at a table for 10 minutes waiting for a server. Other tables were occupied and guests were eating. I got up and spoke with a server. I was told that "dinner" was not available until much later. I asked why it was that at other tables guests were eating. The manager of the area came over and said that only a "limited" menu was available in the courtyard at 6pm. Well, the point is that no hotel staff approached us to inquire whether we would like to SEE or ORDER from that limited menu or have a drink. We were finally given a menu, but by that point I was upset and disgruntled.
Bottom line: all of these service issues flow from the top. The Hotel Manager has in my opinion failed to emphasize that accommodating the guest is a priority over enforcing menu restrictions and restrictions on which guests are "special" enough for certain marketing promotions. I did not feel at all "special" at Hotel Alfonso XIII.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cbellehu

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your personal time to write your review in Tripadvisor. It is thanks to such valuable comments that we are able to redirect our efforts and make sure that we can continue giving high standard of service. Ena our new casual Venue just opened since May and has been under a depth trianing period in order to comply to our customers demand.
Again I appreciate the constructive comments, and look forward to welcome back in the near future.