“Magnificent Hotel in Seville”

Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville
Ranked #9 of 175 Hotels in Seville
Lisbon, Portugal
“Magnificent Hotel in Seville”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I've spent 3 days in the Alfonso XIII hotel in Seville and may stay was truly memorable. The hotel is beautiful the rooms are very big and the service is very good (something I have not seen in a long time in a European hotel). The pool area is a heaven from the busy city and lets you take advantage of the Seville sun. The restaurants are amazing, with marvellous food. I really enjoyed the Taifas restaurant (Lebanese restaurant) at sunset by the pool. It was one of the best Lebanese restaurants I've been to in years. The food is great, especially the Lebanese sweets for dessert. Congratulations to all the Staff. I really recommend staying at the Alfonso XIII when in Seville and I will definitely be back very soon. Congratulations to all! Well done!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear FlyingEconomist,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel. All our ambassadors make hard efforts to perform high-level service, so to receive such a good feedback is definitely very rewarding. I will make sure your comments reach the whole team.
We are also proud to hear you loved Restaurante Taifas. Having opened only 3 weeks ago, it feels we are heading in the right direction.
Whenever your travels lead you back to Seville please let me know at benjamin.delpino@luxurycollection.com

Marketing Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
clubable
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This review concerns the restaurant and bar.
My young son and I visited Seville for the first time in 2013. We were travelling on a tight budget but I decided to splash out and have dinner at this hotel. The experience was everything we hoped it would be. The service was very attentive, the food was first rate and the ambiance perfect. So what a disappointment when I took my second young son this year. It was 10th April. I hoped that this might become an annual event as I am so taken with this part of Spain. When we arrived there were no staff to greet us. We stood around and could see waiters busy in an empty restaurant. I wondered if we had the wrong time. I checked and I was on time so I decided we would have a drink in the terraced area. No staff to be seen at all. After ten minutes I wandered into the bar, waited a few minutes while the bar chatted to another customer and finally ordered. After a further ten minutes the drinks were brought to us. By this time a group of Americans were hovering around the entrance to the restaurant. I asked them if they were waiting to go in. They were and had been told to wait. Twenty five minutes after the time I had booked someone appeared at the entrance and we were shown to our table. I explained about the wait and that I thought I must have got the wrong time but there was no apology. Then the meal. What can I say other than the service was poor. We waited a long time to be served in between courses. I thought the food was mediocre and over-priced. We both ordered the cheese board. Unlike the previous year where we made our own choice, a couple of plates were put in front of us with what can only be describes as a very ordinary selection of cheeses and bread sticks that were hard enough to break ones teeth on. In fact the only good thing about the evening was the pianist who played some lovely tunes throughout an otherwise very dull evening. Sadly, we wont go back for a third year.

Room Tip: Shop around - there are nicer places to eat at better prices.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank clubable
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, General Manager at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear clubable,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
I am really concerned about your review and apologize for not meeting your expectations. This is not by far the average level of service at our restaurant, and it´s a shame you left disappointed.
I would like to discuss the occurred in further details, so please contact me at carlo.suffredini@luxurycollection.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely yours,

Carlo Suffredini
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Supremely located, this hotel is a luxurious gem in Seville. Their breakfast room is stunning (and the buffet was really good as well). I adored my suite and welcome amenities-- great shower and view of the bustling streets with horse-drawn carriages at night. An easy walk to the center of all the action -- bars, restos, etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dlcuratolo
Dear dlcuratolo,

Thank you for sharing your kind words with us.
It´s fantastic to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel.
We are glad you appreciated your amenities and your liked your suite!
Thank you again for chosing us and we hope to see you again soon.
All the best,

istanbul
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The location was excellent, the building was impressive, the patio, the garden and the pool were beautiful. The piano music during dinner was very pleasant. The staff was attentive and friendly.The breakfast was a feast. But don't stay in Jr.Suite number 121! It is near the tramway, the pool area and worst of all over the storage rooms for the banquet tables and chairs! 121 needs serious soundproofing.

Room Tip: Second and third floors will have less noise
Dear gulgezen,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel.
You kind words are really rewarding and we are glad the service provided by our ambassador met your expectations.
Should your travels lead you back to Seville we hope to welcome you at Hotel Alfonso XIII.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 31, 2014

You are literally transported back in time, and feel like a royal. The décor is very Sevillian or Andalucian with lots of tile.

Even the elevator is designed to look like old times, without feeling outdated or old in an unsafe way.

The staff is very corteous and the rooms are great.

You can literally walk to all of the sites in Seville!! and you are still only a 20 minute taxi ride from the train station.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the busier streets if you want a better night sleep. Also splurge on breakfast...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AlfonsoXIII_Seville, Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear danild,

Thank you for sharing your review with us.
We are delighted to hear you loved the architecture and décor of Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel, and that you enjoyed your experience with us.
We really appreciate your positive and will share your kind words with the rest of the team.
Hoping to welcome you back again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I've read a few of the previous reviews and I don't know if we are staying at the same hotel as the people who have given it a negative review. We have enjoyed every moment of this beautifully appointed hotel. We have experienced great service and the facilities are first class. It is everything you would expect from a five star hotel. It is also very well placed to explore the city and is an easy walk to the Cathedral, Santa Cruz area and the river. I can highly recommend it.

3 Thank LesleyG52
Dear LesleyG52,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
We feel proud to have fulfilled your expectations during your stay and really appreciate your kind words, as our ambassadors place their efforts on providing high quality service to our guests.
Thank you again and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Best regards from sunny Seville,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We spent 4 nights here last week. The staff were excellent and the hotel is of a very high standard. We booked bed and breakfast but we did eat in the hotel at the restaurant and American bar. Service at both very good as was the food. The main restaurant menu was a bit restrictive for a five star hotel a few more choices would have been nice. Our particular thanks go to Laura at the Concierge Desk for her assistance in helping us sort out a problem with our travel agents. We would recommend this hotel and hope to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Stayed in a Grand Deluxe Room overlooking the gardens, room 343
Dear fourpaws2014,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
Laura will appreciate reading through your kind words, so I will make sure this review gets to her!
Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Best regards from Seville,