“I could live there”

Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville
Ranked #8 of 176 Hotels in Seville
“I could live there”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Five star service, rooms, decor. I was truly sad to leave this hotel. The only thing i would change is that I wish we knew of the outdoor pool earlier, we found out the pool existed on our last night, so were unable to make use of it. Had we known earlier, we would have used it every afternoon. Regardless, this hotel is must stay. Simply gorgeous and the most beautiful courtyard to enjoy breakfast in each morning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hands Down, this is one of the best hotels that my wife and I have stayed at. From the time you are pulling up to the hotel in your taxi your breath is being taken away. From the time you actually step foot into the hotel through the lobby it is an experience in itself. From the tile work to the interior design, it feels like you are royalty when you are staying here, that is for sure.

Check in was fast, we were upgraded to a suite on the 2nd floor. The room was marvelous and huge, it had a huge chandelier in it, just amazing. Breakfast was good in the courtyard and was always a great start to the day. We always came back to the hotel around 5pm after walking all day and went down to the gym and pool area outside. Everyone also had the same idea as the pool chairs were mostly taken up but you could always find a couple chairs to relax in before dinner. I would say that they probably needed a couple more staff though because service was a little bit slow if you needed to order drinks or a snack but you can't blame them when there was like fifty people outside, regardless we were there to relax and were not on a time schedule so we enjoyed our time there. The location of the hotel is perfect, everything is within walking distance. My wife and I would go jogging into Plaza de Espana and Maria Luisa Park which are nearby the hotel, just beautiful sights to look at. Another tip at night, there was a piano player that played in the lounge near the courtyard, it was nice to have a drink and listen to him before going to bed.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it immensely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed July 17, 2013

“Stepping into the impressive marble lobby of the Alfonso XIII, I knew we were in for something special. The hotel oozes old-world charm. It had recently opened after a $25m renovation and quite simply, it is stunning. It’s not hard to see why this has been the top Seville pick for royalty and stars of stage and screen for decades. Rooms draw on Castillian, Baroque and Moorish design elements - book a suite to truly feel the opulence as some of the others looked a bit small when we peeked into them. The location is very central, and it is easy to get from here to any part of the city. However, spend at least a few hours enjoying your surroundings - there is a great outdoor pool in the gardens. In the evening, we liked starting off with tapas and cocktails in Piazza Martini, and although we didn’t try it, we heard good things from friends about the fine dining restaurant as well.”

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Probably the best city break hotel experience I've ever had. Perfect location for visiting the Alcazar, Giralda, Bullring and Barrio Santa Cruz tapas trail. The building is a really classy thing to behold, and beautifully restored. The swimming pool is an amazingly calm and peaceful spot to spend the afternoon in summer when it is far too hot to be walking around. The staff were extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations, travel arrangements and local knowledge. I will definitely be coming back to this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I travel tons for work, have been an SPG Platinum member for over a decade and have stayed been extremely luck to have stayed at some good hotels in the past. NEVER--not at the Four Seasons, or St. Regis or any Luxury Collection property have I EVER experience the service I did at this uniquely gorgeous property. From being met upon check-in by the Director, to an upgrade to a suite you dream of, to the most fantastically attentive staff that made the best (and least expensive) suggestions for dinners or sightseeing around Andalusia, to a fantastic buffet to...well...everything! This place was amazing, and I cannot recommend it in stronger terms. Perfect example...after breakfast one morning I went to the front desk and asked if they had a shop inside the sold Andalusian guides. They said no, but one was directly across the street from the hotel and opened in an hour. I thank them, went to my room, came back down in hour or so to go across the street to purchase the guide--the concierge stopped me and handed me a regional guide to use until I checked out. And I hadn't even spoken to him when I spoke to the front desk!!! Maybe it's just the Andalusian spirit, as the whole region was fantastic, but I'm very happy to have had the chance to stay at the Alfonso XIII and experience all it has to offer. Did I mention it is ideally situated to everything? This place's the real deal, people!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is spectacular and the pool is awesome. That is important since Seville is just so hot, you need the afternoon at the pool. The hotel is located in a perfect spot, however, we circled 5 times and could not find our way in until we went down the road the wrong way. Great staff, and just spectacular.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Alfonso whilst visiting the University. The location of the hotel was the main reason in choosing this hotel, and wow what a hotel!
The decor and architecture are stunning. The staff here are very accommodating without being intrusive. I would recommend the Alfonso with no hesitation. Looking forward to returning in September!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business