“A Grand Experience”

Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville
Ranked #9 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I first discovered the hotel in 1992, but was not able to return to Seville to stay there until this June. It was everything I expected and more! The weather was quite hot and the hotel was truly an oasis. We were staying only one night on American Airlines points and were upgraded to a junior suite. Contrary to some of the reviews, our front desk experience was outstanding. The hotel was full and the Japanese Crown Prince and his entourage were staying at the hotel, and we still received outstanding service. The setting of the hotel is perfect and the location could not be better. The staff were friendly and not aloof, which can be common in some of the classic, old-world European hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank texas spot
There are newer reviews for Hotel Alfonso XIII, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Seville

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights and enjoyed all aspects of our experience. Service was top notch, friendly and very accommodating. Location was perfect and close to most major attractions. Food was delicious and the restaurant made dietary adjustments without any issues. Rooms were clean and quiet. Pool was nice but a bit crowded. Would definitely recommend for anyone considering a trip to such a lovely city.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

the hotel is great but i have a lot of but:
not a smile from anybody
at the check in they don't recognize my status
I had to ask , to pray better, for having late check out at 4.00 when the hotel was not full at all. I had to ask to three different people to get that!
the room is very very small and the bathroom more, from the buthtub only hot hot water.
the cost of minibar is a real robbery: 4,50 euros for a little bottle of water, I think that even if you are very reach one person had to be a little bit ... (I can't say the world)... to pay that ( the real cost in a supermarket is 15 cents) and in a minibar there is no service, no luxury, nothing: or better they think (the hotel management) thet we are simply tourists to be spoiled as chicken
when i reached my room i take my luggage and in the corridor there are three housekeeprs lovely speaking eachother, they don't tell to me no an hello and i had to ask PLESE to let me pass.... incredible.
in the hotel there were almost all american people, I don't know if the standard is for them. for sure as an european I saw really best standards in low category hotels (and cheapers) of Starwood.
never again, beautiful place, beautiful Seville, but terrible staff, unfriendly staff everything too expensive with a very very low quality. ( I saw a pizza that i think was worst of the one you can buy in a lowcost supermarket).
about breakfast: medium quality with nothing especial, terrible bread that you have to take with your hand to cut it (i don't think too igienic no?). a lot of beverages without explication, and so on for a lot of food (howful sausages....)
I'm used to the asiatic standards and this is nothing compared. I asked for a cup of coffe with milk (cafe con leche, i speak spanish) but with espresso coffe... well they give to me a little espresso with a few milk on side... nobody understood me.
where is the grand luxury five star hotel? it is not enough the location is essential the service and here there is a low categoty service.
what a pity !!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank trap34
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Bravo to the hotel management! This property is by far the best run hotel my husband and I have had the pleasure of experiencing (8 nights). The properties opulence, and perfect location is second to the staff. Many hotels are beautiful and have the perfect location, but this hotel has a well trained, friendly and efficient staff that makes your stay a pleasure! This hotel can and should be treated as a resort property, especially during hot summer afternoons. I'd recommend enjoying poolside sangria in the well decorated surroundings- very chic with flowing black sheer drapery (only some very low volume music would enhance the environment). The poolside services were fantastic-as we spent every afternoon there. I could provide countless daily examples of the staffs willingness and ability to extend warmth and hospitality. Most notable are the concierge services. The concierge was EXCEPTIONAL! He and the front desk team provided fantastic restaurant and sightseeing recommendations, and arranged tickets to all venues we requested. Not always easy, as in some cases they arranged for staff members to physically stand in line for some smaller performances we requested. They were also helpful in facilitating a date change on our train tickets, by sending someone to the station, so we could continue enjoying our vacation. That was helpfulness that certainly was above expectation and appreciated. Anna at the front desk was also a pleasure and extremely helpful; as was the gentleman at the front desk that recommend we watch the Spain vs Brazil soccer match one evening--we did and it was fun! I'd be remiss without mentioning the manager of restaurant (Sjour ) during breakfast. He's absolutely fantastic--courteous & efficient! I saw many complaints about breakfast services on trip advisor and was pleasantly surprised to see how wrong they were. Each morning I watched Sjour greet/seat and manage the staff to make sure guest were pleased. He frequently checked in with guest during or after breakfast to insure their satisfaction. Typically this is one of the most difficult positions in a hotel. (No one in my family, or circle of friends is in the hospitality industry. We travel 4-5 weeks a year and it's just an observation. I find that people complain more about complimentary breakfasts than anything. Frankly I find it annoying, as in most cases they wouldn't pay for it, but yet complain without reason). Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me to see Sjour become a luxury property manager in the future. The housekeeping staff is usually not mentioned in reviews. but in this case I have to note their extreme care to every detail. There was not a centimeter of floor that didn't shine or space that wasn't attended to daily--such a pleasure! I'd highly recommend staying at this property -- you'll love it!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited 5 cities in Spain and stayed in 5 amazing top rated hotels. I loved them all, but my favorite stay was at Alfonzo XIII Hotel. If glamour, luxury, service, history, convenience is what you want in a hotel, this is it. I requested for a free upgrade upon check in, but the hotel was full at the time and therefore could not accommodate my request. Instead, we were given a credit for free drinks at their bar which we enjoyed. Our room was not big but it was bright and tastefully decorated with quality furniture and the most comfortable bed. The hotel just oozes luxury. My husband and I enjoyed the piano bar area where we sat with our drinks and just listened to relaxing piano music being played. All the positive reviews I've read in trip advisor about this hotel is true and I'm so glad I decided to stay here for our three nights stay in beautiful Seville. We walked everywhere as Plaza Espana, The Cathedral, The Alcazar were all within walking distance. The hotel concierge arranged a dinner reservation for me and my husband and we were so very happy with his recommendation we ate there 2 nights in a row.. Every hotel staff we had the pleasure to interact with were warm, helpful and courteous. We did not eat at the hotel since there are so many choices outside. I hope to be able to return to Seville someday with my whole family and stay here. Anyway, the cab driver who drove us to our hotel from the train station told us that there is another Alfonzo hotel in Seville which is in a different caliber. I wonder if some negative reviews are meant for another hotel only because I just did not see any fault during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a hotel with a panache, style and poise with a posture of grandeur. It is a superb palace styled
as a hotel. If I could afford I would have stayed much longer . It is expensive yet one does not mind the
expense because you feel its worth it. The service was fragmented but the presentation was still
par excellence. They need to appoint smart managers and assistant managers who over see the
high net worth guests. The front desk staff were excellent as were the concierge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I chose this hotel because i like nice hotel in middle of seville with car parking but reaching this hotel is really difficult Because the road in front of it blocked for pedestrians only, so if you come by car study the route carefully and don't depend on GPS a lot.
The hotel is very old hotel that was renovated except the elevators where they are very small & slow. But the rooms are really nice and large and very elegant.

• Stayed: April 2013