“A very pleasant experience , great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gran Melia Colon

Gran Melia Colon
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Seville
London UK
“A very pleasant experience , great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed in several other Melia hotels , but I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality here . It is an old building , I think 1909 , but has been completely transformed yet at the same time retaining much of the old style and charm . It has some funky touches , especially in the rooms which are bright and modern , whilst the public areas have a " grand " atmosphere . Location really good , on the edge of the old quarter so all of the main sights are within a few minutes walk , as is the riverside which is lively at night .
They could have done with a pool , but the rooftop spa has a Jacuzzi , plus the views are fantastic .
Staff were superb , friendly and efficient .
PS - Each room has a classic picture on the door , very unique

Room Tip: If budget permits , go for a corner suite with extra living room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel, staff, gymnasium, jacuzzi & spa and breakfast are all amazing. Parking is little on the expensive side. Otherwise a fantastic luxury property. We had a great time here and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank asbedi
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had reserved 2 superior panoramic view rooms for 2 nights months before our July arrival. At the time of booking our rooms on Meliá.com we received a coupon for €20 per room per day. Also, free high speed wireless internet was promised for all rooms. On arrival at the hotel at 2 pm our room was not available. Our reservation clearly states that checkin time was "from 12:00". We were told it would be ready by 3 pm. When I presented the coupon on check-in as instructed I was told the coupon would only apply to food and beverages acquired at the hotel. I indicated that was not stated on the coupon or on the website. The receptionist was excellent and very polite and spoke to her manager on my behalf. The manager confirmed the coupon would only apply to food and drinks. We had lunch in the hotel which was nice and again, our servers could not have been friendlier or more efficient. When lunch was finished our rooms were ready. The rooms were on the top floor with terrific views. However, we had no Internet access. I spoke to the reception and they confirmed that they were working on the in house network and they knew my room had no Internet - "sorry". The tv in the room was small and all English channels (4 or 5) were so fuzzy they were not watchable. The house phones did not work for in room calling which was important to us since our children's room was not adjacent to ours. You are to dial 1 and then the room number. In dialing the first number of my kids room, the phone gave a busy signal. There is no turn down service at this hotel either. It was extremely hot in Seville - over 45C -both days and having a cool shower before dinner was great. With no turn down service, it meant no dry towels in the morning without a call to housekeeping. On check out, I decided not to make a complaint about these deficiencies as I was on vacation and not looking to ruin anyone's day or my own. However, when I reviewed our room charges no amount of discount was applied to our bill. The receptionist had no record of the coupon. I provided it again and indicated the discussion I had at check-in. He indicated that they would only apply €40 to the €65 lunch bill on day 1 since there were no food or drinks at the hotel on day 2. According to him, management interpreted the discount as only applicable to a maximum of €20 per room per day. I told him that this was very unsatisfactory. I indicated that it seemed as though the hotel was very inflexible about unwritten restrictions that applied to the discounts that were in my favour but they were more flexible about what services were to be included with my stay - such as check-in time, high speed wireless Internet, television etc. - that were promised in writing. I told the receptionist I was unhappy and he said he was sorry but offered nothing. I declined to speak to the manager as I had a train to catch. I will not stay at Meliá hotels in future. There are many other options. I will also add that I had great expectations of this hotel after we had a perfect 5 night stay at the Gran Meliá Fenix in Madrid. The receptionist in Madrid applied the same coupon discount to our room charges at check-in without question.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank CJS449
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

A wonderful stay at this very stylish but friendly hotel. Very comfortable room with amazing views over Seville. Pretty good location. Amazing views from the rooftop spa, and very good breakfast. The staff were really helpful. Jacoppo in particular dealt with some issues we had with the first room offered and he made sure that we had a really comfortable and memorable stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and the service great. Wonderful bed and linens. Delicious and beautiful breakfast. Convenient location. Be sure and check out the rooftop spa-terrific view of Seville!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel K
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The pleasing price, a jacuzzi and sun terrace on the roof and a complaint about the complicated lighting are what clinched the deal. And did I mention bags of style? From entering the cool (in every sense of the word) lobby, I wasn't disappointed with it or Seville. Three days wasn't long enough and the offer of 30% off the next three was irresistible. Here with a friend to breathe Seville's essence as well as do some writing, the communal air conditioned spaces and the outdoor terrace on the 7th floor were perfect havens.
Set in the old part of the city, shop, Palace, Cathedral, bullring, museum, gallery, restaurant or tapas bar are all an easy walk.
Oh, and you'll have fun with the lighting - it certainly kept us entertained, we finally got them all turned out by our last but one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Magnificent in all aspects. Safe, clean, gorgeous, perfect location to museums, excellent concierge services, lovely breakfast. Expensive YES but worth it. Frequent Western European travelers....always bring our kids...may be the nicest hotel we have ever had the pleasure of staying in. And Seville is fabulous in its own right, especially if you follow the recommendations of the staff. Colors and decor...you feel like you are in a movie. P.s. it's also worth taking a day trip to Jerez to see the horses and the wineries. But come back to this hotel at night, cause you will be spoiled.
Chose the hotel from TripAdvisor recommendation ...... we are willing to pay for piece of mind when travelling with the kids....worth every penny and would chose it, pay for it again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family